SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pokerfish

My laundry is making me dizzy :(

8 years ago

I recently read about soaking the washer in vinegar to clean it.

Well about 2 weeks ago, I let my washer soak overnight in hot water and 2 cups of vinegar. The next morning i let the cycle finish, and immediately noticed a stinky smell emanating from it as the soak water was emptying. Afterwards I checked and cleaned the drain hose, but nothing appeared to be wrong. Not thinking much about the smell, I started doing laundry like usual.

Ever since then I have found myself constantly dizzy when I'm in proximity of my laundry. I also get these slight burning sensations around my waistline. These symptoms have been very debilitating. The only time my body feels at peace is when it's sitting or laying down. Is this an allergy?

After thinking long and hard about the smell, the vinegar might have uncovered mold, because my laundry is giving off the same kinda smell. Realizing this, I threw a tablet of Affresh into the washer and let it run. I have since rewashed all my laundry in hot water, but much of the dizziness has not disappeared. I have soaked overnight in hot buckets of vinegar and borax, and am not getting any results. I have even attempted handwashing to avoid the washer altogether, but i still can't get it out.

Thankfully, thinner fabrics don't seem to give me as many symptoms. Honestly, they are the only reason i am able to write this with a sane mind.

I feel so stuck. If there is mold in my laundry, how do i get it out?? My buckets won't hold bulkier items like blankets, bedding, or comforters. I also can't afford to throw anything away, much of my laundry is fairly new.

Comments (18)