SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
architect97

2016 soil samples - would love any advice

Architect97
8 years ago

Hello,

Long time lurker; second time poster. I am in St. Louis, MO, Zone 6a. I need some help with my lawn regimen, please. I have approximately 2500 sq. ft. of some amalgam of grass, weeds and dirt (not even sure I can call it soil). I inherited my house from my grandparents, so the property has been in the family since 1978; same as me. As a kid I remember the lawn in OK shape; my grandpa even grew some grapes. Lawn care was never top on their list, nor mine until recently. Now, with a wife, 6 month old son and two dogs, it's time to attempt having a lawn that my son can roll around in, play catch and dive for the fly balls on!

I had Scott's Lawn Service for the last couple of years and recently cancelled. I tend to have a pretty good amount of weeds. At one point, the yard was all zoysia. Now, there is very little zoysia, and have been told the rest is a fescue. It seems to grow in clusters and at completely different rates.

I am ready to put in the effort and money I need to begin amending my soil, just need some tailored guidance based on the information below.

There will be a multitude of questions coming, so please be patient with someone trying to make the most of their apprenticeship...

Thanks in advance for any and all help!! First photo is the front yard. Last (3) photos are backyard.

Jeff

Comments (3)