Tupperware FridgeSmart -- old or new? sizes?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Show me your Tupperware lid storage! (I dare you)
Comments (20)I hadn't really remembered yet because of the kind of cooking I've been doing (and not) since I've been back in the kitchen, but I've banished most of the Tupperware and other heavy containers, with their baskets of lids, to the back of the cupboard over the Advantium (no picture forthcoming). The disposables are as safe (chemically) and are see through, and easier to deal with. The long flat ones are in an upper because the drawer won't hold them. The drawer is overfull right now because I didn't get to make soup or anything during the remodel. The basket is clear, so you can't really see it. There's a handful of little round lids wedged between the basket and the containers, and others, in the front, on top of the little bowls. This will change as they get filled and frozen. The organization, baskets, etc., are the same as in the old kitchen where I had lower cupboards with fixed shelves. I would just pull out the stack of containers I needed and choose one, then pull out the associated basket of lids. No lazy teenagers, but my put things in the right place challenged housekeeper didn't have any problem with this system, other than putting lids in backwards so that they didn't line up nicely (i.e, so they took more space)....See Moretupperware dealers, ISO saltine cracker keeper w/ red lid
Comments (23)I have an old metal Saltine canister. It never occurred to me to actually use it LOL. Duh! I love old tupperware! I bought taco holders on Ebay-now my loaded tacos don't tip over on my plate! The canister sets are great for sugar, flour, etc. I bought a complete 4 pc set for $1 at an estate sale! A couple of years ago my daughter was dating a guy whose Mom worked for Tupperware. He used to bring us all kinds of items-love their spatulas!...See MoreWhat to replace a Tupperware favorite with.
Comments (28)I got rid of a lot of my old Tupperware and plastic because old ones are not as safe as the new ones. I found these Sterilite ultra seal bowls and containers that I really like. They have locking tabs that are easy for me to use with my weak hands and they are water tight. The lid is color matched with the container making it easy to find the right one I like the big bowl for mixing because it has the flat area where the lid snaps perfect for getting a better grip. These come in lots of sizes. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-Ultra-Seal-8.1-Qt.-Food-Storage-Bowl-Set-of-4/16661950?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=59b2db23-94ba-42f1-8bab-3c7926635c87&config_id=1332&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=59b2db23-94ba-42f1-8bab-3c7926635c87&item_id=16661950&parent_anchor_item_id=54068699&parent_item_id=54068699&placement_id=irs-1332-m3&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=bs3Mhz3o_sM1UPkM7M003k...See MorePlease Assist with Tupperware Organization
Comments (50)You all are great, thank you for the kind words! sherri1058 - thanks again for the idea to store the lids vertically. strob06 - DH made the dividers. One sheet of plywood and bpathome - the dividers could always be repositioned for a new size/stype, but what I have, seems to work well, so there may not be a new size/style. I stocked up on the current sizes so should be fine for a while. Everybody so far is putting containers away in the right spots:) barncatz - The missing socks make me CRAZY! cp - I'm sure your builder could add this - it would be like your gorgeous spice cabinet, all mission style! Fori - you cracked me up with the comoment about Hunter, DH says he's up for a road trip to your home as long as he can go fishing :) 2ManyTupperWareContainers (tee hee!) watchmelol - I didn't think a title like 'Please Assist with Plastic Container Organization' worked quite as well.... annac54, Anne - now I need pictures of your Shepherds:) Hunter is a 80 pound 2 year old Shepherd - rather goofy at his age. My last was a 120 pound long hair - now that one was gorgeous! And because it's that time of year, and we're talking GS's, here was our Christmas card a few years ago. You know how some people hate the idea of cats on countertops? This was sort of a play on that... I was going to include a sponge too :)...See More- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

FEATURESHow Tupperware’s Inventor Left a Legacy That’s Anything but Airtight
Earl S. Tupper — and his trailblazing marketing guru, Brownie Wise — forever changed food storage. His story is stranger than fiction
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNModernize Your Old Kitchen Without Remodeling
Keep the charm but lose the outdated feel, and gain functionality, with these tricks for helping your older kitchen fit modern times
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESSmall Changes to Simplify Your Long-Term Storage
Conquer your attic and basement storage in more than a day, with these easy, bite-size steps for sorting, storing and protecting your stuff
Full Story
HOUZZ TVHouzz TV: A Just-Right Kitchen With Vintage Style
Video update: A 1920s kitchen gets a refined makeover but stays true to its original character and size
Full Story
KITCHEN PANTRIES80 Pretty and Practical Kitchen Pantries
This collection of kitchen pantries covers a wide range of sizes, styles and budgets
Full Story
MOST POPULARKitchen Evolution: Work Zones Replace the Triangle
Want maximum efficiency in your kitchen? Consider forgoing the old-fashioned triangle in favor of task-specific zones
Full Story
RUSTIC STYLEA Quirky Country Kitchen With a Story to Tell
Creative thinking goes a long way in this kitchen packed with love for family and old treasures
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN24 Hot Ideas for Stashing Spices
Create a Mini Spice Pantry in a Wall, Drawer, Island or Gap Between Cabinets
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Family Memories and Personal Details in Texas
Newlyweds give their 1940s home some DIY love, opening it up and filling it with upcycled pieces, custom touches and family keepsakes
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN7 Steps to Pantry Perfection
Learn from one homeowner’s plan to reorganize her pantry for real life
Full Story

Jasdip