SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tye22tye

Pre emergent (Prodiamine 65 WDG) application rate

tye22tye
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for all the previous help here on the forum. I have learned a lot and my grass looks great. I had planted the grass in September 2015 in Long Island and the weather is getting warm again. I believe that now is the time to spray because I see the forsythias starting to bloom.

I have Prodiamine 65 WDG. I have a 5 gallon tank mixer that is inline with the main lawn sprinkler pipe. The way it works is the tank is filled with 5 gallons of whatever mixture. The specs on the tank says that 1000 gallons need to be ran through to completely empty the mixture. I am going to adjust the time on my lawn sprinklers as well so that by the time all the zones have cycled once, it will have ran 1000 gallons through the mixing tank so it matches. This way I know the lawn was covered properly with the mixture and used all of it up. So that part I have squared away. My problem is that I want to make sure I am reading the application chart correctly on the Prodiamine bottle.

Attached is what I believe to be the application rate chart. If I am reading this correctly, it is telling me that I can apply 1LB of this stuff to 1 acre. I have a 1/2 acre so obviously that would be 1/2 LB.

1) Am I reading this correctly?

2) If so, how do I weigh a pound of this stuff? How much of this equals a pound if I have a 1/4 cup scooper?

3) Can I add 1/2LB of this stuff to the 5 gallon tank and run the lawn sprinklers once to just get it done? Or should I dilute by dividing the 1/2LB by four and add each 1/4 to the five gallon mixer on four separate occasions on four different days within the same week(to avoid possible burning)? Or maybe diluting twice instead of 4 times? IDK

4) Whatever the answer is to #3, the application chart says 1/2LB per 1/2 acre per calendar year, so I would like to do this once at this time of year every year. Is this ok?

Also attached is the type of grass I have.

I know this stuff isn't usually applied through lawn sprinklers but I am going to give it a shot.

Comments (9)