SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originaleclair

What a racket -- eye doctor/glasses/contacts.

eclair
8 years ago

Need to reorder contacts. No can do without new prescription which requires eye doctor exam. Go to eye doctor. Tell him I'm having NO complaints with contacts or glasses, just need to reorder contacts. He does exam. Writes script for increased strength. I should not have agreed to it, don't know why I did, but I did. Gives me one pair of new strength to try out. Tried them for three days and could not see. Go back to eye doctor. He writes script for old strength. Hooray!

Finally get glasses which took about 10 days after ordering. Although I can see with them, and I could see fine with old script glasses, and they're both bifocals, the new ones' bifocal line is much thicker. Old glasses' line was just that a line, a thin line, which I wasn't even aware of. I could look up and down without moving my head. I don't know how to describe how much thicker this new line is, but it's quite distracting, and I have to move my head to look through the bottom, if that makes any sense.

I'm just livid at having thrown money away. I won't use these new glasses at all.

Why did I even go on this wild goose chase?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations