SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jetrash

Need help matching kitchen colour choices

Saida Rashid
8 years ago

I had some kitchen design issues some months ago and I got some awesome advice on here. Now that I am at the final stages I thought I'd come back and get some input on colour choices. I'm so scared I'm going to make a complete debacle of this kitchen!

We are building a new home with an overall rustic, cape cod, cottage feel to it and we would like the kitchen to have a rustic, farmhouse vibe. The floors throughout the main floor are primarily hand scraped hickory floors. The perimeter cabinets in the kitchen are Benjamin Moore cloud white, and there is an 8ft by 4ft island with "Hudson Bay" blue cabinetry. The cabinets are shaker door style. We also have a Whitehaven apronfront sink (dune colour) and a Blanco silgranit prep sink. There will be 4 reclaimed beams on the ceiling. Our appliances are all integrated so the only visible stainless steel is the 48" Bluestar range with a double oven.

Here's where I am getting stuck. I want to do granite countertops but I don't know what colour. I feel like the island needs a light colour to contrast with the blue cabinets. But I don't want to do white on white on the perimeter. Would 2 different colours (perimeter and island) be too much? And if so, what colours would look good? I don't want busy countertops as I am a little OCD and like to see and clean up crumbs easily ;)

I also really like the look of ORB on faucets and I am leaning towards this but I don't know if I then have to match the cabinetry hardware or if it's ok to choose something different, maybe brushed nickel? Also, do things like pendant lighting over the island have to match the faucet and/or the hardware???

The picture below shows what the cabinetry colours will look like (blue and off-white). As you can see the cloud white cabinetry is a warm white rather than a stark white colour. I've also included a pic of the hickory floors we are using.

I'd appreciate any feedback/advice you can offer :)

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012