SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bernandrews

Need help finalizing Conestoga kitchen design and cabinet color choice

Be Andrews
5 years ago
We recently bought our home and are tackling the kitchen remodel right away. The current kitchen hasn't been updated since the house was built so it's long overdue. We decided to move the stove to the other side of the kitchen and add a hood creating a focal point. We are also integrating the pantry into the design and opening up the sloped stair wall by updating the stairs with banisters on both sides.
Our ceilings are 10' and I'm reluctant to do stacked cabinets because of the up charge and I think they may look too heavy since there will be built-in cabinets and shelving on the connecting wall in our great room all visible at the same time.
Here are my questions :
1.Sticking with the current design, I'm thinking of going with the Frosty white Conestoga paint (lower left in 2nd column of pic with cabinet door samples on my wood floor). I chose Frosty because it seems to be a neutral white without being too stark or yellow. All of the trim in the space will be painted a brighter white. Is it OK to have this contrast on the cabinets even though the crown molding on the upper cabinets will be the frosty white color? The two colors will be separated by the upper wall color, as well.
2. The cabinet over the refrigerator is bumped out and seems to hide the connecting cabinets to the right of it. Is this a common design feature or should I change it? I wanted the built in effect yet I'm not sure?
3. Any other feedback regarding the proposed design would be greatly appreciated before I place the order.
Sorry for the long post... Just needing to get clarity. Thanks so much!

Comments (7)