SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bemonkey_gw

Help with kitchen design (tile, backsplash and countertop choice)

bemonkey Zone 7 South New Jersey
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are narrowing down our choice for kitchen and considering Ikea's Laxarby or Kungsbacka kitchen cabinet door. Although these are the narrow choices we might still consider Ikea's Tingsryd door. We know that we want a black kitchen cabinets. See below some of the pictures for more details.

Our layout. Knocking down two walls, one bearing wall to open up the space. So what you see below is not yet like this but we are in process of doing it. Linking dining, kitchen, and living room. Dining and living rooms have golden plank oak hardwood floor and we are planing on installing tiles in the kitchen.

Top view:

Floor view:

Kungsbacka kitchen at Ikea showroom as one of the inspirational picture:

I believe this one is Kungsbacka, too:

This is the floor we have in our house. Needs to be refinished:

And finally, there is Laxarby style Ikea's doors that we are considering to use.

We are considering white or marble look subway tile as back splash.

For the floor we are thinking some sort of light color, not dark. This is where we need some ideas. Please share pictures if you have black kitchen or if you have an idea what type of tiles would work in combination with black kitchen cabinets.

For the counter top we are considering lighter choice of quartz from Ikea, like Organic White. But we might consider some sort of not so busy light color granite ( I like granite that has more of the veins instead of speckles). Another option we are considering is Ikea's wooden counter top. If you have pictures of black kitchen I would like to see your counter top choices. Whichever quartz or granite option we choose we would like to stay on budget. I do not know yet enough about granite quality and the typical cost but the Organic White quartz is I think $53 per square foot, including installation and sink cut out. So, would like to stay in the ballpark of cost.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your opinions.

We are aiming toward contemporary and/or contemporary/transitional style.

Thank you.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County