SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasurbansawmill

Fruit / Peach Trees - Pest & Care Help

We recently moved out to 12 acres in Dripping Springs and have been blessed to have a small orchard of about 18 fruit trees. We are not totally clean about the types but know we have several peaches, some plums, a few figs and maybe a few apricots, too. I have not spayed anything at this point as I missed the dormancy stage and the bees have been doing there thing all over our property.

All of our trees are either in the early stages of blooming or have completely bloomed and are starting to fruit. Some trees are showing bud swell while others are beginning to form fruit.

Our peaches have undergone petal fall and are forming fruit. These trees all had beautiful pink flowers. I have two others trees just now starting to present pink flowers. And we have two larger trees that are in near full bloom with white flowers (I'm assuming these are plum trees).

I've posted some pictures and am hoping I can get experienced advice back on what pests may be present.

1) We have noticed very small holes across most the leaves that are presented themselves. These are mainly "pin hole" size. Some slightly larger.

2) Some of the early stage peaches are showing sap oozing out.

3) Some of the early stage peaches are appearing to grow like siamese twins. I have one tree in particular that has fruit forming all over the tree and maybe 25% appears to be "siamese" or two-headed peaches. This tree is near end stages of petal fall and beginning of fruit formation.

4) Finally, I'm hoping to get general advice on removing any fruit (due to over production) and thinning things outs.

I did prune all my trees about 2-3 weeks ago.

Overall, I hope we can harvest some fruit this year. I understand the extremely mild winter was not ideal in terms of chill hours. And frankly, this is strictly a learning year for myself and family so I don't have too high of expectations.

Thank you so much so your insight!!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!