SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingfish

Recommend a toilet for small bathroom?

flamingfish
8 years ago

Due to a clumsy plumber (bashed the front of the toilet bowl when installing a new vanity), I need to replace a toilet in a small bathroom. I want white -- that's the easy part. I would like one that (unlike my present Kohler Wellworth) doesn't clog all the time. It would be nice to be able to keep the plunger in the closet instead of right next to the toilet. I'd like skirted if possible, unless they're hard to install. (I might have to have the clumsy plumber do the toilet replacement, and I don't want to give him too much to whine about -- I expect him, at best, to agree to replace the existing toilet with a similar one. I'll pay the extra for an upgraded one, but don't want to have to fight about costs for a more difficult installation.) Round bowl would be good, for space issues, but I'll go with elongated IF it is close in size to what a toilet with a round bowl would be. I don't know how I feel about seat height yet. Dual flush would be nice, if the "low flow" button works well, but this isn't my highest priority.

Now here's my weird preference -- I'd really like a tank lid that's actually flat. One with a raised edge would be great, but I think that gets me into high price ranges. I put things on top of the toilet tank, and if the lid is even slightly domed, they fall off. (I live in a small house. Every usable surface is precious!)

So, Toto Acquia? Vespina? Something else?

Thanks much!

Comments (14)