SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Good customer service - Apple

Bunny
8 years ago

Because we tend to complain when we get bad customer service, here is a good experience to give heart.

Apple.

I've been having a hell of a time trying to play the vast library of songs my late husband purchased on iTunes from 2004 and earlier. Old account names and forgotten passwords; a couple of generations of new computers.

I went online this morning and chose the option to enter my phone number and have tech support call me. Saturday morning, a crazy stupid time to call. About two seconds--no exaggeration--after hitting the Okay button, my phone rang. Crazy! The amazing Sandra was on the line.

I explained my predicament. She was a good listener. I had tried multiple login names and passwords, to no avail. She asked me if I had any other email identities. Why, yes, I do, and shared it with her. She said, aha, that might be it.

She asked if she could put me on hold to connect with tech support (she was iTunes exclusively). While I was on hold, I tried the other email. It knew me!!! I changed my password and got in. I got in!!!

Now, how to access his music with the stuff I'd bought under my own account. Family Sharing!!! OMG. The also amazing Shawna walked me through it and now I have all four of my Apple devices sharing both my late DH's and my own music. An utter revelation.

And you know what else the amazing Sandra did? She gave me three free movie rentals in my iTunes account. So sweet. Annoying problem fixed, plus two nice women helping me out, plus a parting gift.

Comments (34)