SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Good customer service

Sueb20
10 years ago

Seems that we sometimes talk about lousy customer service here, so I wanted to give a shout out to Crate and Barrel. I was supposed to have a chair delivered (which I am very excited about) last Tuesday, but they called a couple of days before and told me that they had shipped the chair to the wrong warehouse and as a result, couldn't deliver the chair to me until the following Saturday (this coming Sat.). Whatever, I didn't care too much. Well, they called this morning and confirmed the delivery, apologizing profusely and offering to refund my shipping costs. An hour later, I received an email showing the credit of $99. Very nice! So let's see, I got the chair on sale, plus my Designer Rewards discount, plus free shipping...the chair almost feels like a bargain now!

OTOH, I was sort of put off yesterday by "customer service" of another type. As a family, we bought a large number of wish-list items for a local charity and the drop-off point was at a small business here in town. I realize the office was not the charity, but just a drop-off point, but when I dropped off the gifts, the receptionist was so CRANKY with me. Not at all what I expected. So, bah humbug to that lady, and Merry Christmas to Crate & Barrel (and to me! looking forward to my new chair!).

Comments (6)