SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gary_roeder

Our Geo just stared running in auxiliary all the time

Gary Roeder
8 years ago

We had a Bryant/Carrier Geo Thermal closed loop system installed in Nov 2014. For the most part, we have been satisfied with the system. My avg electric bill was 150-200 every month since installation until this month, which was warmer than last winter, and the bill was $711. I called the electric company to see if it was a mistake and it wasn't. They informed that typically spikes like this result from space heaters or heat pumps. When I checked the thermostat it said auxiliary heat, even when it was 50 deg F outside. I turned off the thermostat, checked the filter, and shut off all the breakers to the system. After several minutes I turned on the breakers and the thermostat again. After it's start up period it was running on the geo (normal) heat again. That lasted about 5 min and it went back to auxiliary. I pulled the cover and the flashing lights did not match any of the errors on the list on the door or in the manual. The company that installed it did a regular maintenance in the fall and indicated that everything was fine. They have not been much help since they took our money for the installation. I called Carrier and they weren't much help either. Any suggestions?

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus