SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notjannaz10

just in time for Halloween--do I have a ghost?

notjannaz10
15 years ago

A cat we had for 14-15 years went over the Rainbow Bridge probably two years ago. She was a long haired "tuxedo" with a big, fluffy tail that when she was in good health she carried straight up with a slight curl at the tip like a banner.

The last few weeks, I've been seeing "movement" from the corner of my eye. I thought it was a trick of light or my immagination. Then one afternoon, I saw, or imagined, a pale gray image of that tail dashing around the corner of the couch. Only the tail.

I said not a word to my husband. He already questions my sanity. But the other night at supper, I saw him staring at the trash can by the hallway. He had the oddest look on his face. "I thought I saw a critter," he said. "Critter" can refer to anything from an ant to an elephant, and since he was staring at the trash, I immediately thought OMG a roach! but I asked "what kind of critter?" and he said "a cat."

Our only living cat is a 30+ pounder that you can't miss. he sometimes sneaks in, but gets a resounding "Butch! Out!" when he does, not "I thought I saw..."

I said, "Don't laugh, but recently I've been seeing..." and told him about the faded-out tail. He gave me a bug-eyed look and said, "That's exactly what I saw!"

My husband does not usually imagine things. Nor does he try to hornswaggle me--at least on matters of things like mystery cats. Do we have a ghost? I don't know. But the whole thing gives me goosebumps!

Jann

Comments (13)