SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Persil Pro-caps

larsi_gw
8 years ago

I went to the awful place today to see if they received any of the all powercore pods. They still do not have any, no display, no coming soon and again, a sales Assoc. said they have not even heard of them!

I did pick up a box of Persil Pro-Caps (because MamaP keeps saying they are amazing). I've tried German Persil caps, and they were not my fav, but I figured what the hell....I'm already in this wretched place. LOL

The smell amazing actually, I like the container and they are NOT made in the USA (that's promising). These say Made in Hungary!

I will try them in the next day or so! Happy Sunday and Happy Valentines to everyone!!! :)

Comments (40)

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Larsi...I'm giving you a standing ovation!!!

I have waited and waited for you to decide to try these...but I didn't want to pressure you lol....these guys have the best in them...I can'tbelieve Mich hhadn't told you how good they are.

They are good, really good. And the scent is boardering on perfection, of course that's IMO. Throw something really soiled at it Larsi, with your beautiful water I see shocking results. These are by far superior to any pod in the US and will remove almost any stain, again, IMO.

Can you tell I'm excited? I generally use these with tragic loads, after a prewash of course. And I don't pretreat. Good Luck with these and will be waiting for your review. LOL.

larsi_gw thanked mamapinky0
  • larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

MamaP....I too was so excited to try them, I decided I could not wait until tomorrow or Tue. I am washing a load of 100% cotton kitchen and hand towels....some with lots of food stains on them (chocolate, ketchup, curry sauce, cooking oil, butter, peanut butter, etc...).

I am using the Kitchen Linens cycle, with 140F and set the spin to 1400rpm.

Are they normally this sudsy for you? OMG! Suds-o-rama. This is like old Green Works or Vaska!!!! This is out of my comfy zone!!! Look at this:

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Omg...is that ONE? Did you use any boosters? No I use two and no suds.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Throw some FS in there..is it to hot to open the door?

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Mich...when you used them did they do this?

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

O M F G :-O

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

ONE pod. No STPP. Just one pod. Too hot to open the door.... 140F. Never, ever had this kind of sudsing. This is worse than Vaska or Green Works.

Smells great though!! LOL. Not LOL :-O

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Just one cap of liquid FS added (Spring Bloom). WOW!!!! 90% at least, suds gone!! Whew! Thanks.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Thank God...wth...I know this didn't happen to Mich cause I went back to his review and no mention of suds...geesh..wonder if any other FLers use them...I use two and no suds. I'd call them Larsi..this is beyond unacceptable.

• Alex Chicago
    8 years ago

There has to be something else going on here. That's insane. Larsi, any chance one of your kitchen towels had, I dunno, three cups worth of Dawn detergent on it? Or a bottle of Vaska? LOL I have made just about every mistake there is with my crappy 'ol Samsung but nothing has ever given me suds like that. Not even Vaska! Of course you get MUCH higher water levels than I do, too, so the water sloshes around to a greater degree. And you have soft water.

Holy s$%# I've never seen anything like that before.

larsi_gw thanked Alex Chicago
  • Jean
    8 years ago

larsi- I hate to see all of those suds, but you, Mama and Alex are cracking me up so much. Poor LiGi!!

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi Alex :) No Dawn, No Vaska (I've been Vaska free for years, LOL).

It must be a combination of high water levels, true 140F and maintained 140F water, not a huge load and good Miele tumbling action.

The sudsing was honestly worse than using non-HE detergent! Smells good (at least right now, it smells good) though.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

I feel as if I should check myself into...a place....I need a pill Jean..maybe a horse tranqulizer...I feel very bad

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

If its kitchen towels are you SURE no dish soap jumped onto a towel....omg that's tragic..brb..med time

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Lars..run a empty hot load with some clean rags..no detergents. Lol

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

2nd round with one Persil Pro-cap. This is a Larger load of cotton towels. Only 120F.

Still pretty sudsy, but better! I'm amazed none of you had suds. I know our water is soft, but this is a lot!

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

MamaP...no worries. At least as of now, the scent is terrific!! And my towels were CLEAN!!!!! Like every stain gone. E V E R Y stain gone!!! I think you are right, and George. These caps clean!!!!!

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Here I am again...I guess I'm not getting a good review from you Larsi on these guys. Sigh...I had such high hopes you would find these amazing, maybe your water is just too soft...and where the hell is Mich..I know darn well if this happened to him he would have yelled about it...LMAO ...ok I'm calming down slightly, but Adam DONT try them again unless its a ginormous heavily soiled load and I'm talking you've spilled an entire bottle of olive oil down yourself..or after using the gallon jug of massage oil.haha

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Our posts passed each other...I'm a slow typer..a one finger pecker

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Yes they do clean anything and I mean anything ...fiesty little guys

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

OMG...I just seen above you got back on the damn bike...is one broken leg not enough...HAHAHA

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

And towels no less...the one thing that suds the most...TOWELS...Larsi...your my HERO!

• Jean
    8 years ago

mama drink a glass of wine!! larsi you better drink 2 or 3! Whew!

larsi_gw thanked Jean
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Jean..I'm really joking around I know Larsi knows what he's doing. LOL. Jean have you tried the Persil Pro-Caps?

• Jean
    8 years ago

Yes I have them and they are excellent!! NEVER had suds like that with even 2 pods. They are sitting on my computer hutch right now-up away from my Grandaughter who will be here in 10 hours. Glad to see georgect on here-I always look forward to his posts!!

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

I Love our George, and ya we see very little of this handsome devil.

Glad you like these Persil Caps..they are not cheap for us top load users for sure that's why I don't use them as often as I'd like, plus seems I'm always busy trying new products because of all you crazys haha

• georgect
    8 years ago

Mama and Jean (and all the regulars here)...I may not jump in the conversations too much but I'm always viewing each thread several times a day.

You guys are my laundry family (no one gets us but us).

• Jean
    8 years ago

That's so good to hear George! You're right about no one gets us but us! My Mom gave me the side eye just yesterday! You are missed!

• beaglenc
    8 years ago

WOW! Larsi, just WOW!!!!! That's more than suds city! Keep us posted on the sent, if you get that awful rotten scent.

• Pawprint
    8 years ago

Larsi, like Mama, I was ovulating for u also. I'm going to stay away from these pods also. The suds would set off a number of errors on my Duet & she'd have a nervous breakdown.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

LOL@OVULATING...LOL

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Today I'm going to try to dissect these caps..could be a way without being to messy. I'm thinking best way is to poke a hole carefully in the chambers and squeeze the gel out into something than just use 1/2 of the stuff...yes I know folks, seems like a lot of work, but common we all love playing around with our detergents. If only detergent manufactures would listen to me and make Mini Pods for those that have sensitive machines. I never did think pods were a one size fits all...and a Euro detergent, no less, where small compact washers rule the market...they should know better than to make a pod this size. But do they listen to me Noooo!

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Our LAUNDRY FAMILY cracks me up!!! Ok, if two broken legs were not enough, I went in for a 3rd kill/victory late last night. I washed a med/sm. large sized load of kid clothes (100% cotton) and full of kid stuff (pizza, grass stains, random food stains, water based paint, etc....).

Good New....E V E R Y stain removed. No pretreating. No Prewashing. Just one Persil Pro-Cap and 120F wash water (filled with cold, heated to 120F). Clothes look, smell and feel great. No rotten Persil scent yet... only clean and Euro. detergent smelling.

BAD new.....SUDS-O-RAMA!!! Like insane suds. I had to do 5 rinses. FIVE rinses. I am stumped why none of you are having this. MamaP...you have soft water too, like we do!

I like these caps too. They dissolve immediately, clean anything thrown at them, did not get stuck up on the rubber door boot (even without a mesh bra bad, HA HA!), the scent is clean and fresh and laundry was left soft.

I will try calling Persil today, but they might be closed due to the holiday.

I have 37 of these buggers left, and Walmart overcharged me. The shelf said Rollback price is $10.99 for a 40 count container. My receipt shows I was charged $11.97. Not cool Walmart!!!

• Joel H.
    8 years ago

Larsi, dear. I think you had over sudsing because the wash load was too small. One pod is for the average larger sized load. I would have had that many suds, too, from a single pod in a load of kitchen towels. I have not tried the Persil pods, because I am not a POD lover. I might one day....one never knows about my level of laundry craziness on any particular day. ;)

larsi_gw thanked Joel H.
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Larsi, I would save them for very large heavy soils..which *ain't* happening in your world LOL. But yes they have removed every stain I've thrown at them. As I've said above they may need dissected lol

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

@ Joel...I totally agree the one load of towels, in hindsight, was too small.

I did however do 2 more loads after the major suds disaster...both loads were significantly larger (one being a nice sized load of kid clothes that Needed!!! to be washed) and I was still left with insane suds (5 rinses required, and I could have done even more rinsing, but I finally just added some liquid FS).

I will try again today on a BIG load of workout wear. I will also try and contact Henkel.

• Joel H.
    8 years ago

Oh, yeah. I do find that adding 1/3 ish cup of baking soda to the wash keeps sudsing down. I have mechanically softened water, too, and I have definitely had suds in the window like that several times. I usually just let it ride and let the Miele take care rinsing it all out. Those suds sensors are great!

• miami mami
    8 years ago

Lol I see a give away coming in the near future so I'll put my name on the list Larsi! I'll take them if you decide you don't want them lol. I'm going to look for power core pods today perhaps we can trade. Or actually, I just remembered something. Walmart will take anything back, pretty much. You could prob just get your $ back. I'm still going to send you some power cores though!

larsi_gw thanked miami mami
  • larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

2/17....I just washed a medium-large sized load of clothes. 100% cotton t-shirts, undies, socks, jeans and some pajama bottoms. I used 1 Persil Pro-Cap. 120F Cottons Universal cycle.

Minimal sudsing, and even Rinse 1/3 is not very sudsy. I guess for my mechanically softened water and Miele machine....Pro-caps must be used in larger loads, and loads that are actually "dirty". The smell amazing!!!