SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

I didn't want to post this, but I am not at all happy ...

IdaClaire
8 years ago

with the current state of my kitchen cabinets. I kept hoping this problem would miraculously remedy itself, or I'd stop noticing and caring, but this quite frankly pi$$es me off royally.

We have only been in our brand new house for six months, but look at the state of my kitchen cabinets! They are nearly all like this to some extent. The molding is also pulling away from the walls in places. I did some reading online to try to see if I could tell why this was happening, and first indications revealed it's a lack of humidity in the house. I can attest that things are dry, as we can almost never touch something metal without getting a shock, and often cannot touch each other or a cat without that happening. I read that having a whole house humidifier installed on the furnace would help with the dryness issue. (I read that some of the new high efficiency furnaces have them already, but ours does not.)

I contacted our builder yesterday, who informed me that I have to go through their website to file a warranty claim. I went online and filled out their form, stating that I thought a whole house humidifier was in order. Their solution was to have the installer of our HVAC call and inform us that the humidifier is not standard equipment and could be installed at our own expense, but would not be warrantied with the rest of the system.

I have since spoken to the facilities manager at my workplace, and he says he would not recommend a whole house humidifier as they have the potential to introduce moisture problems (such as mold) into the home.

I took these photos last night and just emailed them to the contact I have for the builder (she is actually the sales rep and doesn't have answers for me, but she knows how to get these pictures into the appropriate hands). I do not think I am out of line for insisting that this problem be remedied, do you? I doubt there is anyone that would simply accept this in a new home they'd only inhabited for six months.

I'm so upset, and feel like I want to just sit down and cry and cry.

In the pic above, you can also see a split in the shape of a "7" on the face of the cabinet to the left. Ugh.

Comments (83)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting