SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

LIGHTS... I didn't want to ask, but here we go...

2LittleFishies
12 years ago

I keep thinking about the pendants I bought months ago bc I fell in LOVE with them and they went with my previous inspiration kitchen (old world). I bought them four months ago from Fine Art Lamps b/c they were discontinuing them in October. They were quite expensive. Although they were great with my first vision I'm nervous they don't work anymore with the yellow kitchen. Originally some said they could still work because many kitchens, now, have mixed finishes and styles- especially lights.

I finally had to open 1 of the boxes because I kept thinking about them . I was hoping the metal might be light with some silver in it and the glass kind of light. Well it's actually dark metal and the glass is darker/dirtier than I actually thought they would be! I stuck a flashlight it and that did help. (So beautiful IMO.)

Here are some photos. I would say be honest with me, but I know that's a given around here! I'd consider selling them or take the loss than put them up and looking bad. With the polished chrome pulls and faucets and some glass knobs I just don't know. I feel like something "cleaner" may be better?

CONVERSELY, if you think they could still work and be a surprise element-- like a piece of art-- I'd love to hear that too! : ) These wouldn't be the "safe" choice but maybe that's okay!

***As a reminder, yellow lower cabinets with Imperial Danby Marble, white uppers, white island with walnut top....

Inspiration Photos: (nothing else purchased yet)

THE LIGHTS... WHAT MAY HELP IS THE WHITE ISLAND WITH BLACK WALNUT TOP. Maybe even through in some darker hardware on the island?

I could always put them up and change out if I really don't like how everything goes together... Or like I said perhaps the walnut & marble will help and we could tweak some other elements...

Comments (40)