SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Snow Day with the Monkey Princess -Cupcake version

annie1992
8 years ago

Well, we've gotten past that healthy breakfast thing, and I had coffee, so now we have to make cupcakes. Filled with something. Makayla rifled the pantry and found a jar of Nutella swirled with white chocolate, that might be a good filling. I was game, so I told her to scoop out scoops of the Nutella onto parchment and we'd freeze them while making the cupcake batter.

She made the cupcake batter and dropped a frozen ball of Nutella into the middle of each one, then into the oven.

The filling sank as the cupcakes baked, but we decided to fill the holes with frosting. How could that be bad? The recipe called for a caramel frosting, next time I'd make a double batch because there was barely enough to frost all the cupcakes, and it set up fast as it cooled.

While the cupcakes were baking, Bud needed a snack, so he made more of his famous "Hula Girls on a raft". Kind of like Ants on a Log, but with dried pineapple and the wasting of lots of toothpicks. (grin)

He still had room for a cupcake, though, and the Nutella didn't melt completely into the cupcake. The next batch I'll test a couple of minutes earlier to see if I can keep the Nutella filling from melting a bit more.

And that's what we do at Grandma's house when there's a snow day!

Annie, Makayla and Bud

Comments (5)