SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elee325

Durability of Princess White Quartzite

elee325
11 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and I thought I found the perfect alternative to white marble: Princess White, or White Princess, quartzite. But after a visit to a granite and marble place, I came home quite deflated. The gentleman said in his experiences in working with Princess White, it has cracked while cutting it into shape. This would mean that it is more brittle than granite. They had to fill in the cracks, but trying to match the color is difficult as well. He also said customers who purchased the quartzite have come back and said green spots had formed.

I Love the look of marble, but like many, I do not want to worry about taking care of it to prevent stains or etching.

I think Princess White is the closest to the look of white marble and had thought it would be more durable. But it seems some quartzites are more durable than others.

Has anyone had Princess White installed in their kitchen for some time now? IF so, I am very interested in hearing your experiences with it. Has there been any etching, scratches, stains, or even changes in color??

Comments (100)