SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Snow Day with the Monkey Princess - Frittata version

annie1992
8 years ago

The kids had a snow day last week, and with Amanda working midnights, she needed some sleep. When I stopped to check on them, Bud wanted to come to our house so he didn't have to be quiet, LOL. Makayla just wanted to "bake something", so to my kitchen we went.

Since Amanda doesn't get home until after the kids leave for school, and Dave isn't really a cook, Makayla tries to get breakfast for herself and her brother. Dad gives them Instant Breakfast, LOL. She keeps pancakes and crepes in the freezer, sometimes French toast, and she makes smoothies, but she wanted something else. Funny how I just happened to have TWELVE DOZEN eggs in the fridge. Yeah.....

I suggested making "muffin cup frittatas". She promptly got on Pinterest and showed me what she wanted to do. Wrap a slice of bacon around the edge of a muffin pan, pour in a beaten egg, add some cheese, bake. OK, let's give that a whirl.....

First we have to line the muffin pans with bacon. No one in the family likes limp bacon, they all prefer it more crisp, so we decided to cook the bacon a little first, then use it to line the pans.

OK, back to the eggs. Crack them into a dish and add just a tiny bit of milk, beat them up. Not too much milk or they won't fit in the pan, like I did with that first one...

Add some cheese....

Into a 350 oven for about 20 minutes and they come out nice and brown. I don't know why some were high and puffy and some collapsed...

They were all nice and moist in the middle, with bacon around the outside, and we had to sample one. Then my brother had to sample one. Then Elery had to sample one. The rest went into ziplock bags, 4 per bag, and into the freezer, so we can have them for breakfast before school. Grandma says they'd make a good sandwich on an English muffin too. I think they might need another slice of cheese too.

Now I'm going to make cupcakes, but that's another story.

Annie and Makayla

Comments (18)