SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Snow days and cookies and hummus

annie1992
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We've had a lot of snow days this year. Today was one of them, and so The Princess and Bud came here for the day. The Princess wanted to bake cookies. Rainbow sprinkle cookies. Hmmmm.

They seemed a lot like chocolate chip cookies with a half cup of sprinkles in them. We used Christmas sprinkles because that's what we had, along with mini chips.

Taste testing:

Not to be outdone, her brother decided we needed to make hummus. His favorite, red pepper hummus, and he wanted some to take to his choir teacher too because she "LOVES hummus" and apparently has it for lunch regularly. So, hummus it is. He also wanted to use the "new" VitaMix, so we did.

Looks good, tastes good, we made a lot so his choir teacher could have some:

More taste testing:

Cleaning the VitaMix is a pain, though, and no matter how I tried, I couldn't get it all out. It's a blender, after all, and the grooves in the blender container seem to be oddly tapered so a spatula doesn't fit well.

We did the fast and easy "cheater" method with canned beans, since we hadn't planned for a snow day hummus fest. I like the nice warm Milk Street version with freshly cooked garbanzos, but this was still pretty good. Nearly as good as cookies. (ahem)

Gotta love those snow days, although somehow they always seem to involve feeding someone!

Annie

Comments (6)