SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
benwood15

Max slope for paver patio / need help with design

benwood15
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am looking to extend a concrete patio (since I built a fence around an outdoor shower, I lost most of the 'patio' space). I was thinking of using pavers and doing it myself. My issue is with the slope. The water drains from West > East (and slightly to the North, away from the house). On the further West side, there is ~2% grade, but as it gets to the East side, it gets to about 4-5% - here are a few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/dy3sc
I was considering using pavers up to the point where it gets above 4% grade, then using rocks (in the pictures, there are already some rocks inside a landscape timber bed) for the steeper grade with some stepping stones.
Most stuff I've seen online suggested making steps if you are going steeper than 3%, but since I'm joining it to existing concrete, that seems to be not a good idea given the narrow space between the edge of the concrete and the fence.
What should I do here? Total measurement is about 10ft out (to the edge of those landscape timbers) and 25ft across (East/West - about where I'm standing in the last picture).

Comments (5)