SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabrinatx

Review my floor plan please!

sabrinatx
8 years ago

We've received our preliminary floor plans tonight! If feels like it's been years trying to figure out what we want in a house. I think we are headed in the right direction. This plan is loosely based off of my own drawings (I've posted them before).

Here is a little about us.

We are a family of 4 living in South Texas. My two kids a daughter 15 and a son 12. We want a one story home and nothing over 3500 sq ft total (we were aiming at 3000 total but just couldn't get everything we wanted in that range). Our house will be build on 5 acres. The front of the house will face mostly north but to the east a little. I'm a stay at home mom and my husband works swing shifts (law enforcement).

The things that stick out for me are listed

1.The kitchen feels basic. I really wanted an L shaped kitchen but we also wanted access from the garage to the kitchen so the door way into the kitchen cuts off my L.

2. I want more windows in the dining area

3. Slide the door to the pantry down so I can have more counter space.

4. I need either french doors or a slider door off of the living

5. Office doors need to be centered.

6. I want the foyer to feel like a separate room.

7. The front porch needs to be reworked.

8. I don't like that little jog on garage. I think if we take a foot off of the office, we can more everything over and make the wall flush with the rest of the house.

What else do you all see that I can either save square footage without making the house feel smaller or make the house a better design.

Comments (30)