SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joallen001_gw

Please review/critique my floor plan!!

joallen001
10 years ago

Time is ticking and the wife and I are getting closer and closer to building. Based on everything we read on this site we chose to get a designer verses a house plan from the web. We finally have a schematic design and the designer is waiting to hear from us on changes. The image is a little hard to view but it will make sense if you stare for a minute or two!!!! Please take the time!! You will see he sketched in some furniture. I will also post a couple of close up shots showing the two halves of the plan also. The wife and I have been saving up for this day. We have been renting for a while now so this will be our first home. I had a tough time convincing her to wait on building a home. The plan is to build once and do it right the first time. We are both 30 years old and plan to start having kids (2 not in the same year!) next year. The house style will be greek revival. The one thing I know I want to change is the size of the garage. The depth is only 23' and I dont feel like that is enough. The garage doors are 9' wide and that concerns me a little also. More than likely I will have an enclosed trailer at some point for my rc airplanes and helicopters that needs to go in a garage. Since the plans are hard to read, I will list out the dimensions of the rooms also. Sometime in the future we plan to build an outdoor kitchen also. Again thank you for taking the time to critique!

Front porch 8x22
Billiards/Formal Dining 14x17
Office 12x12
Foyer entry is 7' wide
Great room 21x21
Kitchen 11x15
Dining 12x14
Laundry 8x8
Pantry 4x8
Mud room 5x8
Bedroom 13x12 and standard bath
Closet 5x6