SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

North Florida gardeners, are you ready for the cold snap?

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm still getting used to gardening here in 9a, after being in 9b/10a for so long. Here in Gainesville, the prediction is 35 tonight, 31 tomorrow night and 34 on Tues. and Wed. nights. I have all my tender plants inside, and it's sort of crowded, since I live in a small apartment. I really need to work out a better system for bringing things in. I'm expecting to lose some of the things I have planted outside. Only wrapped up my one Early Girl tomato plant, which has some nice tomatoes on it, so I'm hoping it doesn't freeze. It's in a courtyard, so maybe that will help. Also, I'm in a densely populated area with lots of apartments, so maybe we won't actually be as cold as the airport.

I really have to stop propagating plants! Even today, I took cuttings from my Everglades tomato in case it freezes. Anyone have any experience with that? Mine didn't make it through last year's freeze, but luckily, I had dug one up and put it in a pot. I've saved some seeds from this one, just in case. I love those tiny little 'maters!

Comments (14)