SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

Help me figure out which sink

kelleg69
8 years ago

I am doing a new kitchen that will be a bit smaller than what I am used to. Currently, I have a prep sink on the island and double bowl Kohler cast iron sink that fits in a 36 inch cabinet. New kitchen will have one sink in the island. I think the island will be about 8 feet (maybe 8.5 feet). I want to do cast iron again, but wondering if taking up so much space with sink is worth it. So, I looked at a smaller sink by Kohler. ALSO, I am going to go with single basin this time. The sink that is one size down is the Bakersfield. It is a 30 inch sink, but for some unknown reason, this is the only sink Kohler makes that is 8-5/8 deep instead of 9-5/8. I think with the sink being on the island, deeper is better in case I want to hide dirty dishes. So, then, next sink size down is Riverby 25 inch sink. It is 9-5/8 deep. Basin is actually 22.25 inches wide. Will this be big enough? My main cookie sheet does fit flat on the bottom. Also, the Riverby has the drain to the side, which allows you to stack dishes to one side and still use the other. My husband doesn't like farm sinks at all, otherwise I could consider this...

Will 22 inches be enough? I am used to using one side of a double basin which is only about 14 inches wide...

Should I consider stainless instead? I don't really want Silgranit b/c I want a white sink and I don't love those in white (I do like them in the darker colors). I just put a stainless sink in my vacation place and it seems hard to keep clean. I have never had stainless otherwise, so I would love to hear from people who swear by them...

Thanks for any input. If anyone has a 25 inch sink, I would love to see pics! Thanks.

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath