SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldana80

I need an idea for a third accent color! Please help!

goldana80
8 years ago

I just finished up repainting my kitchen and living room and I am going shopping in two days to pick out some new curtains to complete the look.
I've always read that a room should have a main color with two accent colors. The living room is all set (main color: raspberry, accent colors: dark brown and beige), but I am stuck on the kitchen!
So far the walls are painted slate gray, with a light gray marbled type of floor, and the kitchen counter is dark blue with dark gray specks in it. My decoration idea in there is a cupcake/patisserie/cafe type of scene. I have a few retro wall signs "advertising" donuts, cupcakes, and muffins. They are mostly light blue and light pink in color - pastels.
So the main color is slate gray with an accent color of dark blue. What should be my second accent color? I wanted it to be something light and bright as I'm looking for curtains in this color. Therefore I was thinking either raspberry or light blue.
I don't know if my husband would be ready for raspberry curtains! I'm not afraid though. I like bold things and it would tie the kitchen into the living room (which are adjacent to each other). What do you think?

Comments (6)