SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Yippe! Got my Christmas present early!! (new camera)

bethnorcal9
8 years ago

I ordered it myself tho.... (I'm sooo bad!) I've just been so sick of my current camera not taking good pictures like my old one did. I've spent the last few months going thru photos and making new folders of the best pics for my screensaver, and the newer photos cannot even compare to the older ones. It depressed me! Soooo.. I found a new camera and it arrived today! (love Amazon and their Sunday deliveries!!)

It's another Sony (my third). The first one, 2004-2008, had the Carl Zeiss lens. The second one, 2008-now, did not. That's the difference. I'm not a camera expert by any means. I just like the "point and shoot" types, so I didn't want (and couldn't afford) the fancy SLR types. But I was spoiled by that lens. Never occurred to me when I bought the current camera that that lens had made such a difference. What really gripes me too, is the fact that the current camera cost me almost $200 more than the new one that has the Carl Zeiss lens.

The new one is a DSCHX400V/B. It's apparently last yr's model, but who cares! It's an excellent one! I got it with a bundle deal and ordered extra lenses and filters, etc. Haven't tried those yet, but I will. With everything, the cost was just under $400. The only issue I have now tho, is apparently my computer is a bit too old and will not mount the newer USB connections. Had to get my son's girlfriend to download the pics on her computer for now, til my other son can rebuild me a new computer. (After Xmas...)

I only got a chance to play around with it for a bit. It's been raining and I had to go sit with my 97yr old mom today. But I did get some interesting photos. Thought I'd share them so you can see how cool this camera is! If any of you are looking for a new camera, look into this one!! It has very good reviews, and there are lots of different bundles and prices on Amazon.

First photo I took was our kitty Lola. She's a goofy little character.

And my son & his girlfriend's kitty Cheshire aka Mr Pussyfoot. He's a polydactyl and quite a character as well.

These are shots of a rose I gave my mom many yrs ago (and I really should get cuttings now..) SPICE TWICE. First shot is a close-up and the second is a zoomed-in shot.

This is a close-up of one my mom's many rabbit's-foot ferns

And playing with the close up again, this is embroidery on an antique three-sided room divider in my mom's living room. Shot it at less than an inch away. Pretty darn good with no flash too.. it was fairly dark there...

And this is an oil painting my mom did yrs ago, which I zoomed in from about 12ft away, and it was even darker over there. No flash, auto mode, and it brightened the photo up. Had to take a little red out, but other than that, not a bad picture from across the room.

I can't wait to take pics of the roses in the coming season!! I'm so excited!!

Comments (31)