SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruth_arezzi

Need help with LR redesign and blank wall and desk

Ruth Arezzi
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am creating a long desk along a blank wall in my room. We have the 6 storage cube already and need a place to put the computer. I ordered the other cubes and my husband is building the top.

Here is an old pic of the room. We have a wood floor in there now and the ladder shelves have moved across the room next to the TV cabinet. The desk is going in the trash (big and bulky and getting old)

Here is a mockup of the desk that we are going to put together.

The 6 storage cube will have kids toy storage in it. The middle cube will have computer stuff in baskets. The last cube on the end will be stuff for my son to do HW (age 6) and I would like to build a little bit of a command/Homework center. I will be putting a desk lamp (prob btw the two desk spaces.)

What do I do above the desk. The wall is just over 13' long. The desk will fill about 10-11' or so of the space. I might do some shoe storage or something there as well. The wall is also vaulted.

I also have this wall decor I could re-purpose in this space. It can be put up in different ways.

We are redoing the room completely - new couch and a beadboard ceiling. The wall color is nuetral and there is an accent wall that is "oxblood" a deep red.

Please help. I am trying to throw this together for xmas and we have not decorated at all yet. Been working on the room. I host and I don't want it to look unfinished.

Comments (5)