SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jubilante

Master Bath Redesign Help Needed

jubilante
13 years ago

Happily, our third and final child is a college graduate (read: no more tuition and housing expenses!)and we can finally address our absolutely horrific master bathroom. This thing is so bad NOBODY except immediate family has ever seen it. Yes, I'm sure we'll miss the glass slider that goes outside from the sunken tub/shower--what were they thinking?!

The first picture is the current layout.

The second is what we have to work with after expanding about 4 ft into the LR. We could use the closet for bath expansion, but then a fourth BR would become the new closet. I don't think I need that much closet.

We had some plans sketched, but decided the exterior wall bump-out isn't worth the permit process hassle so we need to rearrange the layout. On the attached the white "x" is not part of the room. The red is the new closet area. The blue is what we have to work with for the bathroom.

Please offer some layout suggestions to us. We want a steam shower, don't care about a tub, and would like to leave the toilet in the same position since we are on a slab foundation. THANKS SO MUCH in advance for your help. The ideas are always so helpful on gardenweb. I am looking forward to finally being able to actively participate in the forums!

{{gwi:1468110}}

{{gwi:1468111}}

Comments (2)