SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pitterpatter94_gw

Pretty please: redesign this master bath floorplan

pitterpatter94
10 years ago

Hi,
Can you please give me your thoughts on this Craftsman ranch floor plan. Our lot is heavily wooded, sloping to a lake. The windows on the back of the house will have a nice winter view of the lake. We are wanting to build as soon as possible on our lot. I like all the walk-in closets for the master bedroom. But I am wondering if the master bath could be reworked.

*The master bath has a tub that I do not think we will use. If we do not install one, what do we do with that space?
*There is a lot of empty floor space in the bathroom.
*Want a nice big shower space.
*We also have elderly parents and would like one of the bedrooms to have a larger closet with it's own bathroom in case they stay with us. Could that be arranged with in this floor plan?
*The other bedroom will be used for a office/small guest room
*Our college age daughter will have her room in the finished walk out basement.
*I like the location of the kitchen, it is at the south side of the house and would like many windows to bring in the sun. The picture of the kitchen below is not of this house. I like the partial wall separating the great room and kitchen in this picture.
*Would like a 3 car garage. One side for a pontoon boat. Can that be added to the house plan?
*Any other thoughts would greatly be appreciated.
*The square footage of the main floor is 2300 sq ft.

Thank you!! :)

This post was edited by pitterpatter94 on Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 21:25

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Thomas Custom Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Northern Virginia Authority in Custom Home Design, Build & Remodeling