SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruth_arezzi

Help with a long and narrow LR redesign

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am redoing my LR and we are going to be doing a Beadboard plank on the ceiling and we will be redoing and beefing up the trim on windows. We just got a new couch. I hate arranging this room because it is so narrow and long. I would love to hear what you would do with the space.

Here is a picture of the layout of the room.

Here is the one side of the room. This was old right after we moved in.

Here are some of the pics of what we have or what we like. Our wall with the Fireplace is now the oxblood and the other walls are the light beige. We have the Entertainment Center area, the couch and the artwork. We are looking to do something like the images for the ceiling treatment and the window moldings. Flooring is wood now. We are looking to do couch and chair vs. another loveseat. We also need a small desk area for a computer monitor. I was thinking about some sort of "backpack station/shoe storage" by the opening to the kitchen. That is the door we come in on a daily basis since we park in the garage.

Here is an idea for the layout. Although it is similar to what we have had in the past.. the ladder shelves were by the desk and I am moving them by the TV as in the new layout pic. Also as you can see in the idea board - the space above FP is very narrw and the FP is very high - we can't mount a TV on there.

Help me pull this together for xmas. I am clueless. I feel like I am stuck in a rut and the room has been the same for the last 10+ years.

Eventually we will do a DR in the section by the slider but it is not in the plans for the near future. We have a decent size table in the kitchen and don't want to waste the space on another table.

Thanks in Advance. I can take more recent pics or give you any information you need.

Comments (4)