Just bought two adult coloring books, now a question
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
Related Discussions
Fiance's adult D just moved back in with us
Comments (9)Gerina and catlettuce, I feel your pain, I continuously deal with intrusive adult step children that refuse to live their own lives. "You'll get no say in your own household because the children* even if they are adults will come first, always." This quote is the most accurate thing I have seen posted on this forum. I was blasted when I posted my concerns and unhappiness, being accused of being jealous and needing help. People not in that situation do not understand how it truly difficult it is. My SD and her two small children lived with us for a while three months after my husband and I were married. Not to mention my SS popped up the night we got back from our honeymoon and stayed for a while. Having to deal with this is hard whether your relationship is new or having been in place for a while, particularly when the SC have no respect for you or your newfound place in their father's life. My SD sat on her butt the entire time she lived with us. She cooked maybe two nights a week, other than that...she did nothing but talk on the phone (to her mother) watch tv and play video games while her children ran amuck tearing up the house while I was at work. She didnt even apply for any aid for her or her children. My daughter has a vehicle and took her anywhere she wanted to go, but for some reason it never occured to her that she might need to get on food stamps, etc. My two teenage children where home, as it was summer and she constatnly met her father at the door when he would get off of work to inform him of what my children were doing wrong. Everynight I was hit in the face with accusations and stories from my husband that had be relayed to him by his daughter. When she finally reconciled with her boyfriend (who threatened to kill her) she left to spend the weekend with him and didnt return. She left the room she was using torn completely apart. Clothing on the floor and the beds and trash everywhere. She didnt call to let her father know that she was fine or what was going for one month. What really stings the most, I tried to make them comfortable by buying them items and taking them places so that their lives would be better and I was never once even told thank you. When I expressed my hurt feelings to my husband, I was disregarded. I have loaned her and her boyfirend money to pay for the children's christmas, bought school supplies for the children and to this day it is totally unappreciated. I have to be honest, I wish I had known more prior to the marriage. I love him with all of my heart but I never dreamed that the things that have transpired would. If I were you, I would give him an ultimatium and hold him to it. You do not deserve this and need to finally get this situation in hand. Good luck!...See MoreWhat do you think of adult coloring books?
Comments (99)I did a new piece yesterday using crayons, I like how it turned out. Unfortunately my crayons are Crazart brand which are extremely cheap and it shows. I already had those which I had for a previous project. I might get a better quality crayon. I agree I am sure that the more expensive special pencils would be much easier to use. I will consider getting better tools if I think this hobby will last. So far I am enjoying it. I too wish we had a place we could discuss it more and show our work for comments and suggestions. I don't do FB but I have read that Angie Grace group and enjoy the pictures. Maybe we could ask for one as a sub forum for KT, like some have the conversation sub forums. We could have a sub forum KT Hobbies discussions,or something like that. That way it could include all varieties of our hobbies from art, photography, writing, animals, what ever your hobby is....See MoreAC Moore has adult coloring books on sale this week.
Comments (4)I have hand issues, rheumatoid arthritis plus I lack strength in them and I have wrist limitations. I started coloring to see if it could possibly help me with those problems. I didn't really care about the looks of the finished product. It was more as a form of therapy. Anything else was gravy. As it turns out it has made a difference in my hands and wrists, plus I like some of the finished product, not all but the more I work at it the better I get. I use pens because they are much easier than pencils they don't require as much pressure and wrists action. But I can't get the shading effects that pencils give. Maybe some day I can be more able to use the better quality pencils. Just try it. It is a very cheap hobby to try out! My sister has shakiness in her hands, I bought her a book and the $10 set of gel pens as part of her Christmas gift, I don't know if she can do it but I am hopeful it could help her. The good thing is no one ever has to see them except you. I don't mind showing mine, they are far from great but with my limitations I am happy with many of them....See MoreJust bought a house.... now what???
Comments (56)Good God, you guys!! Wait until you see the rest of the house!! HA HA! Thought about answering you all one by one, but going to cherry pick before ending my lunch break! I'm 40. I owned a house before with my now ex-wife, moved into an apartment and now moving into a house. So, I've got all the control of what color to make things, how to set it up, etc. without really knowing how to do that. I can hold my own with repairs and my dad is a contractor who translates my "You know, we could..." to "This is how you do it," which ultimately turns into "Hold this light while I do it." I'd like something better than not, but, it seems a lot of you are saying that I should get used to the space first and then tackle it. With an entire house to do this to, this makes a lot of sense. I've picked out appliances that'll run about $1400 for a fridge (skinny enough to fit), a stove (gas) and a dishwasher (my first!!). I did think about used to just tide me over in the short term and still might. I've got 2 weeks to decide. Didn't think about the fire hazard thing and moving things over. A pair of 9's for an 18 makes sense and just slide things over. Not sure how the gas line would effect that, but, that's easy enough to fix. A lot of you said things about budget. I'd like to keep it low, only because I've got the whole house to think about and paint was the cheapest option to give it a different look because the cabinets do like jainky. But, they hold dishes and pots and pans, soo.... could be future Paul's problem! @P M That looks really cool! That's a good luck for the pantry! Also, I work in IT for a university, so the school provides the grant. I have to stay five years and that's it. After that, I can do with what I want. It's not that they approve the changes. They had an inspector come thru and he comes up with a to do list of things that have to get done in a year. My list is 23 things long, but, some of those are super easy (reseat the toilet) and others are more complicated (rewire the garage). They don't have a say in what I do day-to-day, but I have to fix what they want fixed before next September. Again, thanks everyone! Sorry i can't respond to you all one by one, but I've read everything you wrote and provide updates! :)...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

LIGHTINGSo You Bought a Cave: 7 Ways to Open Your Home to Light
Make the most of the natural light your house does have — and learn to appreciate some shadows, too
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES9 Hard Questions to Ask When Shopping for Stone
Learn all about stone sizes, cracks, color issues and more so problems don't chip away at your design happiness later
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Two-Tone Cabinet Scheme Gives Your Kitchen the Best of Both Worlds
Waffling between paint and stain or dark and light? Here’s how to mix and match colors and materials
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEThe Question That Can Make You Love Your Home More
Change your relationship with your house for the better by focusing on the answer to something designers often ask
Full Story
ORGANIZINGPre-Storage Checklist: 10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Store
Wait, stop. Do you really need to keep that item you’re about to put into storage?
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN9 Questions to Ask When Planning a Kitchen Pantry
Avoid blunders and get the storage space and layout you need by asking these questions before you begin
Full Story
COLOR9 Fun Ceiling Colors to Try Right Now
Go bold overhead for a touch of intimacy or a punch of energy
Full Story
COLOR8 Ways to Rev Up Your Garden Color With More Than Just Plants
Bring energy and excitement to your outdoor space by going bold with color, from small touches to big changes
Full Story

ORGANIZING4 Questions to Help You Organize Your Favorite Photos
Organize your keeper photos with a system that's just right for you, whether it's in the cloud or you can hold it in your hand
Full StorySponsored
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths


Marilyn Sue