What do you think of adult coloring books?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (99)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Do You Like Art Books? Do You Have or Display "Coffee Table" Book
Comments (32)Outside, I enjoy those books too--- my late FIL went to school with Ferrol Sams and we love his novels. I hadn't realized he wrote essays as well. "When attending art shows, I swear off coffee table books but I am weak." We share that weakness, lol. Seems I am "always" never going to buy another huge book... Beagles, that room is fantastic, and I do see your pile of books peeking out from under that chair to the left :-) I'm with you on the kindle, but every now and then I like to hold a real book. Even though I find myself pushing the edge of the page instead of turning it (hanging head). No screen can reproduce the heft and color of those prints in large books, there is something about a good quality art print that is somehow more convincing than an image on a screen. Sloe gin, over the past decade or so I've seen many people putting lovely shelving in their dining rooms to combine functions or simply bring books into a room that doesn't often see them. I love that look, of a literary dining room! And your basket sounds eminently practical, we use our shagreen boxes and ceramic bowls for the same purpose--- the "stuff" has got to be corralled somehow. I have seen that Circus book, Robo, and the Atomic Ranch book also, they are both marvelous! It's clear that our collective enjoyment of these tomes is at least partly for the esthetic quality of the books themselves in addition to the content. I suppose that's what makes them "useful" decor :-) In some cases they might function purely as decor, as the leather books you've used, tinam. Have you seen the book purses that are so popular in some circles? Kate Spade has or had a few, and there's quite a cottage industry on Etsy making real old books into small handbags. They aren't a tenth big enough for me, but I love looking at them!...See MoreAdult coloring books
Comments (27)Thanks Donna, the blue butterflies one I did in honor of my mom. Soon after her passing I, my sisters and my niece had some very interesting and touching blue butterfly experiences. Lisa how fortunate for you that you were introduced to the coloring. I first saw the use of coloring as therapy when my mom broke her hip. In the recovery facility they used it to help them relax and focus on something other than their pain and situation they were in. My mom enjoyed it very much even though her hands were twisted and deformed by Rheumatoid arthritis she was able to do some very pretty work. I am glad I decided to give it a try. Interestingly enough as a child I was never really into coloring and was not very good at it either. I feel your addiction pain lol....See MoreI Got My Adult Coloring Books Today
Comments (2)I bought some at hobby lobby for $5, some at Walmart for about that. I ordered the Angie Grace from Amazon for around $9 I think. And I got some on eBay for between $4-5. I need to check out the below 5 dollar store. What brand are the ones from there?...See MoreAdult Coloring Book at Boscovs
Comments (2)I've seen these coloring books at Michaels. I haven't heard of the store you mentioned. I flipped through a few and they were really neat. Much more intricate than a child's coloring book. I thought they would make a good present to bring someone in the hospital....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Stories

ROOM OF THE DAYRoom of the Day: A Bright, Colorful Playroom for Kids and Adults
Fun colors mix with sophisticated furnishings and finishes to create an addition suitable for child’s play and adult relaxation
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Visionary Thinking Clicks With a San Francisco Entrepreneur
An open mind and an unusual process help a successful software engineer get an interior design that suits and celebrates his life
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: 20 Entertaining Placemats for Kids and Adults
Make mealtimes more fun with placemats that start conversations, keep kids engaged or dazzle with color
Full Story
BEDROOMS11 Things You Didn’t Think You Could Fit Into a Small Bedroom
Clever designers have found ways to fit storage, murals and even chandeliers into these tight sleeping spaces
Full Story
SMALL KITCHENS10 Things You Didn't Think Would Fit in a Small Kitchen
Don't assume you have to do without those windows, that island, a home office space, your prized collections or an eat-in nook
Full Story
LIFEStop the Toy Takeover by Changing the Way You Think
Make over your approach and get gift givers onboard with your decluttering efforts by providing meaningful toy alternatives
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: A Sophisticated Home for Adults and Babies
Homeowners expecting twins make a nest that works for kids but is not kid dominated
Full Story
BATHROOM WORKBOOKStandard Dimensions and Measurements for a Primary Bath
Create a luxe bathroom that functions well with these key fixture dimensions and layout tips
Full Story
SMALL SPACESDownsizing Help: Think ‘Double Duty’ for Small Spaces
Put your rooms and furnishings to work in multiple ways to get the most out of your downsized spaces
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESMy Houzz: Color and Texture Fill an Eclectic Pittsburgh Row House
Moroccan touches join exposed brick, salvaged materials and scads of books in this home for a creative couple
Full Story





lindyluwho