SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Can you broil brie cheese?

John Liu
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Have you had any luck topping things with brie and then broiling? Does the brie form a nice browned layer, or does it just melt and run off?. Suppose you use the rind?

I'm making dinner for some friends in Berkeley.

Appetizer will be portobello mushrooms, roasted, then inverted, filled with crab meat, shiitake mushrooms, and a mushroom/shallot sauce, topped with cheese, and broiled. I bought some local brie-like cheese for this. But now I have some doubts. I'm worried about ruining the dish by using the wrong cheese.

BTW, salad will be roasted cauliflower, mixed lettuces, candied pear, vinaigrette.

I'm liking roast cauliflower recently. Here is a cauliflower dish I made on Sunday. Purple side was seasoned with balsamic and black pepper, white side with truffle oil, truffle salt, white pepper.

Main will be your basic chicken marbella. With crispy lardons. Deboned some thighs, the meat is dry brining in the refrigerator now, the bones were cracked and are simmering for stock.

Starch side is going to be small red potatoes. I plan to par boil them in chicken stock, then toss with coarse salt until the potato exterior is roughed up, then roast, then toss to coat in the chicken stock after that is reduced to a more concentrated consistency.

Comments (8)