SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Sweet Potato Pie with Madi

annie1992
8 years ago

Elery's family is from Tennessee so on Thanksgiving he wanted cornbread stuffing and sweet potato pie. I had only made sweet potato pie once, but I was game. And, surprise, I had help!

You must carefully roll the dough, it's more fun than Play Doh!

It's hard to get in the pan, but we did it. Time to crimp the crust, Grandma showed me how....

Bud helped me make the cheesecake part. Grandma says that cream cheese filling isn't traditional, but it's good, and PaPaw Elery agreed. We got to use the stick blender and Bud liked that a LOT.

We put the cream cheese stuff on top of the sweet potato stuff and swirled it all around with a spoon. That was fun.

Since I'm only 3, Grandma won't let me touch the oven, so she baked it, and we ate it for Thanksgiving dinner. Mom and Dad were proud of me, so we took a picture of my whole family with my pie.

PaPaw Elery says it's the best pie he ever ate!

My great-grandma said it was too, and she had a piece of that AND a piece of the chocolate raspberry pie.

Grandma let me help with that too, but we ran out of raspberry stuff before I was done making pretty designs on the top. Great-Grandma said it was delicious anyway.

Making pie is fun, and I got to eat chocolate cookie crumbs from that chocolate one too!

Madi and Annie

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County