SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01

update on site finished hardwoods-Rubio Monocoat

daisychain Zn3b
8 years ago

A little while ago I was soliciting opinions on how to oil our site finished hardwoods. I got several great suggestions and we decided to go with Rubio. there were many pros and cons to all the methods, but we decided on Rubio because the company that would apply it really knew what they were doing, loved hardwoods and sold us on the product.

So far, only the third floor has been finished, but it looks and feels amazing. My contractor and I had been having an ongoing friendly fight over the superiority of pre-finished hardwoods vs site finished. Before I suggested the oil, he had never heard of it and he has pre-finished in his home. Yesterday I got an email from him saying he was willing to go on record saying that site finished with the Rubio was the better product (I told him I was going to print and frame it).

Here is a really bad pic of the floor and a couple of others as well.

Everyday I get a little more overwhelmed by all that still has to be done, but also by how lucky we are with how well everything is turning out.

Obviously, we are going with the black stain on the doors and trim. Only these 2 of the 7 are done, but so far we love it. Most of the doors stay open, so I don't think the black will be too overwhelming. Also, it is a very warm black so not too harsh.

Comments (7)