SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Print keeps enlarging when I type

jane__ny
8 years ago

This sounds so ridiculous, but I've never run into it before. I'm using a laptop (desktop died), and not familiar with laptops.

It is a Win 10. When I type, my fingers must be hitting something which keeps enlarging the page. The page gets so large I can't see anything.

Does anyone have a clue what I could be hitting? I'm a fast typer and used to a regular keyboard on a desktop. I'm typing on this laptop and my guess is my thumbs might be hitting something which enlarges the print.

The only buttons around them are the space bar and the Alt keys.

Thanks,

Jane

Comments (39)

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Jane,

What is the Brand Name and Model Number of the Laptop. Not all Laptops are the same and may have different features. It may be easier to track down your problem if we know this information.

1. One thought is that you could be holding the Ctrl Key and using a Scroll on a Mouse of the Right Side of your Touchpad. On the Acer Laptop I'm using right now it has Scroll on the Right Side (not all laptops do).

2. Another thought is that if you have a Laptop with a Touchscreen and would Tap on the Screen it will Enlarge everything!

3. There is an Option Called Pinch Zoom that is available on some Laptops. It is very common to have this feature enabled and not know it. Some people have problems when this is enabled to where the Text Size will increase and decrease (like the symptoms you having). Different people on the same computer may not experience the same problem. Here is a link that can help you shut this feature off: Shutting Pinch Zoom Off

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you bugs. It is a Dell laptop, 2 years old. It was Win 8 and I updated it to 10. No touch screen, nothing fancy with this computer although I wouldn't know as I've never used a laptop before.

Maybe I'm hitting the touchpad? I don't know what is happening. I was just typing a post and the screen got so enlarged it was off the screen. I went to view and 'reset' and it reset as tiny and I couldn't see anything. I'm thinking I might be hitting the touchpad? I have never used a touch pad and have no idea what it does. I have a mouse and never use the touch pad. I just don't know what I'm hitting.

Jane

• Related Discussions

How do I enlarge a PDF file/pattern?

Q

Comments (5)
    Bob, as of today, I am intimately involved with every worthless feature of my printer. lol I tried that, I click on it, change it to 400% and it reverts right back to 100. So I turned on the poster option and picked the one that looks like it's 4 times bigger than a regular page and nothing happens, it just freezes up and doesn't print at all. Grrrrr! I'm thinking that should really do it, but what do I know? I give up. I'll stop by a Kinko's or something and use one of their copiers and save myself the aggravation of this thing. Chances are I'll never even use it, but dangitall, I wanted to figure it out! Thanks for trying to help me, though, I do appreciate it!
    ...See More

How do I enlarge this thread when I come on here?

Q

Comments (7)
    Joyce, Are you referring to the little red house cartoon? Do you have any slide bars at the bottom of the browser window? Are you sure holding ctrl and tapping + or tapping - does nothing? On my FF I can use them to move the little house all over the screen when resizing the browser view. Though a reset was previously referred through use of the keyboard, how about via the toolbar View>Zoom>Reset? DA
    ...See More

Where to get a photo enlarged, printed

Q

Comments (12)
    Before you pay for a print as large as 16 x 20, make sure that the image file has enough pixels to produce a smooth image. Most point and shoot cameras are set to nominal pixel counts and can not make good photos beyond 8.4 x 11 inches. If the final picture is printed at 200 pixels per inch, then one square inch has 40,000 pixels. A 16 x 20 picture has 320 square inches and at 200 dots (pixels) per inch, it contains 12,800,000 pixels. In base 2, one meg is 1024 x 1024 or 1,048,576. A quantity of 12,800,000 becomes 12.2 megs in base 2. Therefore by this recconing, a 16 x 20 print needs a minimum of 12.2 mega -pixels. The file size is much larger than this because each pixel may use 24 bits to define its color and intensity. At 24 bits, the file size is approximately 307.2 Gigabits or 38.4 Gigabytes. This is an unweidly number. So, how does a large print get made with a reasonable file size? Its done by spreading the available pixels over the print and interpolating between points to create the pixels in between. Loss of fine detail results. From a distance the print looks ok but on close examination, image edges may be blurred and fringing can occur between sharp color changes, e.g., a saturated red leaf against a bright blue autumn sky. If you anticipate printing large photos, set your camera to take the image at its maximum pixel count. A camera with a full size sensor is recommended.
    ...See More

Keep Separate Dining Room or Enlarge Kitchen?

Q

Comments (35)
    Long-time lurker here, but new to posting. I thought I would tell you how we are opening up our kitchen (currently gutted now). We have a 12'x16' Formal Living Room immediately to the left when walking into the foyer. Behind that is a 12.5' x 12' Formal Dining Room. The kitchen (small 10' x 10' plus breakfast nook) is in back, next to the dining room, and the family room is on the other side of the kitchen. I entertain our family of 17 several times a year and I'm not willing to give up the dining room. However, the living room, to me, is a HUGE waste of space. Nobody ever goes in there. In fact, whenever I host a gathering, everybody gathers in my tiny "U" kitchen and I can't move to open the oven, cabinets, etc. It drives me crazy. My solution: move the DR set into the larger living room, which is open by columns to the foyer, and expand the "U" of my kitchen into the dining room. This allows for a longer peninsula with breakfast bar. On the far wall of the "old" dining room, facing the kitchen, will be a "bar" area and a desk area. I will be able to supervise my girls doing homework, being online, etc. all while I prepare dinner. Plus, it gives our guests an area to socialize while meals are being prepared. I should also mention, though, that we have a small study with french doors. This room, essentially, will be the LR, and will house the piano, two chairs and a small desk or table. I do think it's important to have some type of private, closed-off room. I recommend reading some books by Sarah Susanka - her theory of using the space more wisely, as opposed to needing more space, was extremely valuable to me.
    ...See More
  • Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I'd almost bet it's the "Pinch Zoom" bugspop1 mentioned above.

But if you never use the touchpad (I rarely do), maybe you could disable it entirely?

Not sure about your particular Dell but maybe you can "disable it with the Fn + F3 key"?

• kudzu9
    8 years ago

A touchpad takes the place of a mouse: it controls the cursor when you move your finger around on it, or even brush it accidentally. If you are coming into contact with it in any way, it can cause unexpected things to happen. If you don't expect to use it, go into your Device Manager settings, open up the mouse/touchpad icon, and see if these is a setting to check that will allow you to turn off the touchpad or at least disable it while you are typing. Different laptops have different ways of doing this. Sometimes the touchpad functionality is controlled by one of the F keys. It's impossible to be more specific since you haven't provided any info on which Dell model you have.

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

As Chuggerguy suggested; Try Pressing the FN Key (Left Bottom Row on Keyboard between the Ctrl and Windows Key) and the F3 Key (Top Row on Keyboard between the F2 and F4 Keys). You should see a Blue Diagram something like this:

First Press and Hold the FN Key, then Press and release the F3 Key. This should Temporarily Disable the Touchpad. I believe it will Enable it again on Restart of the computer. Pressing the FN Key and F3 Again will also Enable it when needed.

A more permanent way to turn off the Touchpad could be done in Control Panel> Mouse. Some laptops have options to Disable the Touchpad by placing a check in the box. Or like the laptop I'm on right now; the option to disable the Touchpad when a USB Mouse is plugged in to a USB Port, by placing a check in the box located in Control Panel> Mouse!

Function Keys Control Certain Functions on your computer other than the Standard Operation of the Normal Keys, like: Turning WiFi On and Off, Turning Touchpad On and Off, Muting Sound, Turning On and Off your Monitor, Volume Up and Volume Down, Turning the Brightness of the Monitor Up and Down, Play/Pause, Stop, FFWD, FRW, etc...

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I don't know what model this machine is as there is no name on it. I'll place a photo for you to see. I looked everywhere on the computer...no name.

I'm lost with Win 10. I moved from XP to 10 and can't find anything. Where do I find device manager. I can't find 'my computer.' There are all these apps and the start menu is strange, I don't know what anything is. I'm totally lost. Tried to find Accessories to get 'print screen and Paint,' can't find Paint anywhere.

I'm getting fed up with trying to navigate this stupid computer. Why did they change everything?

Anyway, I tried the instructions from Chugger and Bugs and I hit those keys (can't find device manager) and I think its working as the screen is staying normal while I type this. I have to get a separate keyboard. Will do that this week.

Thanks, guys. I'm going to see if I can get my XP working again. I don't know my way around this computer,
    lost all my bookmarks and forgot so many passwords.

Can't find Programs to even see whats running on it. Can anyone help me find Programs and Accessories? I'd like to find Notepad and Paint.

Well, one good thing is that the enlarged screen isn't happening. Thanks so much.

Jane

• kudzu9
    8 years ago

It sounds like Win10 is a total mystery to you and that you are expecting/wishing it to be like WinXP, which was first released by Microsoft almost 15 years ago and is so old that Microsoft doesn't even support it anymore. Jane, I've seen a number of your posts over the last several years, and it strikes me that when you have problems, it's hard for you to solve them because you don't seem to have a grounding in some of the basics, and it's sometimes hard for you to even understand some of the solutions when they are posted here. I'm not saying this to be mean, but I really think you would have a much easier time, particularly when something unexpected happened, if you knew a bit more about how computers and operating systems work. We all had to start from the basics at one point, so there is no shame in that. I can guess that you don't feel like you are tech savvy, and that your computer is alien to you...am I right?

You may not want to hear it, but you have to take some time to educate yourself. There are probably solutions for a lot of the things you are concerned about, like restoring your bookmarks, but it's hard to help when you are not a little more knowledgeable about computers. The forum here is to help people, and I donlt want to suggest you shouldn't ask questions here; but it would be easier for you, and for us, if you got yourself a simple, basic book on your operating system, like this and read some of it and kept it for a reference:

Win10 for Dummies

Don't be put off by the title...I've used these books many times myself. If you try it, you might find that your computer is a lot more logical, friendly, and less mysterious than you think.

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Jane,

If you're interested in learning about Windows 10 I would suggest going to YouTube and typing "Windows 10 tutorials" then watch a few videos.

To find MS Paint In the Start Menu go to All Apps then Windows Accessories. You should find MS Paint and Notepad there.

If you were an Internet Explorer user you Links/Bookmarks/Passwords can still be found in Internet Explorer. You can Transfer your Links/Bookmarks/Password to the New Microsoft Edge Browser (MS Edge should prompt you). You can find Internet Explorer in Start Menu> All Apps> Windows Accessories.

My Computer doesn't exist any longer, hasn't for quite some time. I can't remember when they changed the name, Vista or Win 7? Anyway, go to your Taskbar at the bottom of Win 10 and click on the icon that looks like a Folder (File explorer). File Explorer can also be found in the main list of the Start Menu.

On the bottom of the Laptop you should find a Sticker with the Model Number, Serial Number, etch... I assume it's a Dell Inspiron, but need the Model Number.

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

You are so right Kudzu! Sorry for the rant. Very frustrating night trying to get some work done and I felt like I was in a foreign country not knowing the language.

I'll check out the Dummies Book. I did use those books in the past. Not insulting at all. I don't do well with change and having an old brain doesn't help!

I found Paint and Notepad (thanks Bugspop1). I didn't think they were apps. The new labeling is confusing. I think of Apps as something you buy for your phone.

Bugs, I looked at the bottom of the machine. The only sticker is Win8 and the express service code and tag #. I don't think either are the model #. My guess is Inspiron. Thank you very much. I realize I have to keep trying to learn my way around. I have work to get done and this is the only computer I have. Difficult to work and learn at the same time. Going directly from XP to Win 10 is truly frustrating.

Jane

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Jane,

Even the Programs you may have loaded are going to be listed in the All Apps section. Apps and Programs are now treated as one in the same (Apps)! You'll find things like Control Panel, Device Manager, etc... somewhere in those lists. Apps/Programs that are part of the Operating System (Win 10 in this case) are going to be found in Windows Accessories, Windows Administrative Tools and Windows System.

You may want to familiarize yourself with Cortana. Using your Speakers and Microphone you can talk to Cortana and ask her questions. You should find her located in the Taskbar at the bottom of your Laptop Screen (says "Ask Me Anything" in the box). You can click on Microphone to the right inside the Cortana Box and then ask her a question. Questions can be about almost anything. You could ask her to find Control Panel for you, and then she will find it for you! You can ask her for help setting her up so you can Wake her by just saying "Hey Cortana".

Here is a link to a YouTube Video: Windows 10 Tutorial You may want to take a half an hour out of your busy life to watch this Video! This isn't the only Video on YouTube that could help you Jane! I just Typed "Windows 10 Tutorial" at the YouTube Search!

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks, Bugspop1. Didn't realize Apps are programs. So hard to find anything, there are so many Apps and crap that shows up.

I was hoping there was a way to change Win 10 to look like Win XP. Guess not. I need to spend time learning the system, but have work to wrap up this week.

Thanks again, appreciate the help,

Jane

• l pinkmountain
    8 years ago

The abbreviation "Apps" is short for "application." Another way of saying that is "computer application". Think of it this way, when you "apply" yourself to a task, you get it done, so a computer application is a program that gets something done on your computer. Apps are programs, they're just a little more specialized in what they do.

As for organizing what you see, there are many schools of thought on that. Apps and other programs are just computer files in folders on your computer. An icon is just a quick, visual way to get to a program instead of having to find it in a file folder some place on the computer. I don't like a lot of icons to sort through, I'd rather put links to programs in files some place. But then, I have a large file cabinet in my office too, and I like to always file everything. My dad on the other hand, likes to have everything out in the open where he can see it. His desk and counter space is all covered with pieces of paper, and notes clipped to things. Same with his computer desktop screen, it is almost completely filled up with icons for shortcuts to various programs and Web pages. I can't figure any of it out, and he often loses things, both in his office and on his computer desktop.

So you may have to think about what kind of computer user you want to be. If you want a minimal amount of things to sort through, then you will have to grasp and manage the filing system that is the basis for all computers. Computer memory is organized into a filing system so people can find things, just like the old fashioned paper documents that were our collective memory before computers.

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Jane,

Been a while since I worked on a Dell Laptop, but today I had one dropped off to me. In this computer, I believe the Hard Drive has Died. The first thing I did was to check the model number (helps me to find instructions on tearing the laptop apart to access the hard drive). I did find the Model Number on this Newer Dell Laptop on the Sticker right next to the word Inspiron. I'm betting if you look again, you would find your Model Number there too! I think this computer said Inspiron 3520. A number something like that was the number we were looking for! Having a Model Number can help tremendously in us being able to understand the Specs on your Laptop too!

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Okay, bugs. I found it. It is not a sticker, but etched on the plastic. I blew up the photo so you can see what I did. It says, Inspiron 3721, The rest are Chinese characters which have some numbers. I do not see anything that says model #.

My desktop looks similar to your first example. I've been deleting apps which I don't want or know what they are such as 'flip-flop' One Note, News, Yahoo and others.

Thank you for your detailed info. It has been very helpful.

Pinkmountain, I like a clean desktop too. I like everything hidden under the Start menu but I'll leave thinks the way they are now.

Thanks to everyone for helping me learn this computer.

Jane

• kudzu9
    8 years ago

The model number is 3721...

8 years ago

Jane,

This is the "Quick Start Guide" for your "Insprion 17-3721" : http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-17-3721_Setup%20Guide_en-us.pdf

It shows "Fn + F3" to be the proper key combination for enabling/disabling the touchpad.

BTW, here's the full manual: http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-17-3721_Owner's%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Other support pdfs: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-17-3721/manuals

-------------------------------------------------

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Glad you're getting things figured out Jane. The First Screen I posted was the Windows 10 screen that looks more like Windows 7/8. The second photo was Windows 10 with the Windows 8/8.1 look.

The info Chuggerguy has posted above may be of good use for you. If you don't already have Manuals, I'd Download them from those sites and maybe print them out depending upon how much you may need them.

I still think some of the best Support you can get is to watch a few Windows 10 YouTube Tutorials. The Windows 10 for Dummies won't hurt either. Then you would have everything in print with pictures. Last Dummies Manual I used was DOS for Dummies. I was totally new to PC's and needed to Learn DOS.

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you bugs! You are the best. I'm working on it and will check out the link and UTube vidoes.

The best thing is that my screen doesn't enlarge anymore! It must have been the touchpad and it has stayed disabled. I get a notice about it each time I start the laptop. I plan to get a desk and try to hook this to a bigger monitor and wireless keyboard. I don't like the keyboard on this. Seems the keys don't always work or require too much weight. I keep making spelling mistakes.

Anyway, I so appreciate all the helpful information. Hopefully, others who are starting with Win 10 will gain help from my post.

Jane

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Bugs, can you help with another question?

On this Win 8/10 laptop (Inspirion), I want to see what the specs are on it. What processor, hard drive size, memory.

On my old xp machine I could go to My Computer. I can't find that on this laptop. Where would I look to find the specs on this laptop?

Thanks again,

Jane

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Go to the Start Button (White Windows Emblem in lower left corner). Next Click on All Apps. Then Click on any Letter you see in the left column, A B C (clicking on a letter will pull up the Alphabet), choose W. This takes you to the W Section much quicker than scrolling. Click on Windows System and Choose Control Panel by Clicking on it. Once Control Panel Open you may need to change the look so you can see all the Icons in Control Panel (Upper Right Corner, choose View By drop down arrow the pick Large Icons). Picking the System Icon will give you some General Information about your computer.

Do you have a Search/Coratna in your Taskbar (May be just a White Circle beside the White Windows Icon in lower left corner of Taskbar)? If so, you can just type System then Enter. A list will pull up and System (Control Panel) and System (Information) should be towards the top of the list. Choose System (Control Panel) if you want General Information. Choose System (Information) if you'd like more info on your system!

In case I've confused you here is a picture:

1. I have Search or Cortana (which Ever you prefer) Circled. This is at the bottom of the picture, lower left corner in Taskbar (this is where I typed System at) (usually shows a Circle to the left of "Ask Me Anything" typed in the text box and a Microphone Icon to the Right but still inside the textbox).
    2. I have Control Panel, View By & System Icon all circled in control Panel window right side of screen
    3. I have System Information Title Circled in the System Information window (in middle of screen)

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Bugs, I tried your directions. I'm not seeing what you are.

Here's what I see. I tried Cortana, but I couldn't type nor speak.

The other problem, I can't find my documents. I eventually did by going to my PC but I found that by accident. Why is that not showing.

Anyway, no luck

Thank you,

Jane

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Jane,

Sorry, I always think every ones computer looks just like mine! In the TaskBar, Right Click, then go up to Cortana. A Menu will show up showing Hidden, Show Cortana Icon or Show Search Box. Yours is most likely set to Hidden! If you set it to Cortana Icon you get a New Circle in the Taskbar. If you set it to Show Search Box it will look like what I posted in the first Photo Below.

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

No Cortana.

This is what I see.

Jane

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Jane,

I'm sorry, that was my fault. I thought I had Typed to: "Click in an Open Space in the Taskbar". When I looked back I see that I didn't type it. Sometimes my Brain thinks faster than my fingers can type, not often though.

Now, I need you to Right Click in an Open Space in the Taskbar. In between the Taskbar Icons in the left and the Notification Icons on the Right there is a Large Black part of the Taskbar with nothing there, Right Click there.

Below in my photo I've Tagged the area you need to do this in (Open Sapce in Taskbar). Once you Right Click you should get a Menu that has the Name Cortana in it! Click on the Photo for a larger image!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    8 years ago

I find it easier to just type an application name after clicking the start button (Windows icon in lower left) Just click the button and type Paint and a search result screen shows me Paint right at the top. From there I can right click Paint and pin to start menu or taskbar.

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Found it, thanks so much bugs. Do you use this? I just read some of what came up when I clicked on it. Is this like Siri on the Iphone?

I would rather type something than speak. I never use Siri on my phone or Ipad.

I would prefer to just type in a question or word.

I'll play around with it when I have time. Been a busy week.

PK, I do not have what you describe. When I click the Windows icon, there is no where to type anything. No search bar like my old computer.

Jane

8 years ago

"When I click the Windows icon, there is no where to type anything."

Don't worry about where to type, just start typing. After you type the first letter, the search box will appear.

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Sorry about my Screw Up a couple of Posts ago. Missing one step can really have an effect on the outcome! Now that you have Cortana there you can Type or Speak using that Text Box Jane.

Yes, Cortana is just like Siri in the iPhone. Yes, I do use it. I have Cortana on my Windows Smartphone and that's where I started using Cortana (Windows 8.1). I can use Cortana to set my appointments in the calendar and find things for me with a search of the Computer/Tablet/Phone/Internet by just speaking! I really would rather Speak then to type. I only Text because I'm now able to Speak instead of typing on my Smartphone!

Chuggerguy is right, once you open the Start Menu just start typing and it will open an area for searching. Many options will appear with the first letter, they are just trying to anticipate the question you're going to ask.

jane__ny thanked bugspop1
  • jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Okay, will give it a try

jane

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

There are lots of little things (Tips and Tricks) that you'll learn as you go when using Windows 10 Jane. Again, I stress, Watch a few Videos on Windows 10 Tricks and Tip using YouTube. Some are very informative!

I really haven't watched any of them myself, I just like to play around on New Operating Systems and find out what makes them tick. But, for someone like you, Videos are the best Learning tool there is! There is nothing wrong with reading a Hard Copy (Book) either, everything is printed out in Black and White, sometimes Pictures too (Windows 10 for Dummies for instance)! You can find all kinds of help in both areas! Of course, here is a great place to learn too, just sometimes takes a lot of time to get it all figured out here (waiting on responses).

• Gloria Ehrhart Miller
    8 years ago

Could be your mouse doing this, Try another mouse or put in new batteries

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Gloria,

I think we already figured out the problem and fix for Jane on the Enlarged Print. She was accidently touching the Touchpad and it was causing the Print to Enlarge. She now uses the FN Key plus F3 Key to temporarily turn off the Touchpad!

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks to bugs, got the font problem fixed!

Now just trying to learn my way around this new system.

Thanks to everyone for all the help,

Jane

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

You're very welcome Jane. Just keep on plugging away at it! You will eventually figure out how to use Windows 10 and all it's functions. Windows 10 has only been available for around 5 months. I'm sure we will all be learning together for the next year or so!

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks again Bugs. I keep making shortcuts for the things I need as they are under different names and I can't find anything. I plugged in a printer and it didn't show up under any of the drives. I didn't get a 'new hardware' message. I thought the printer didn't work with the computer. So, I tried to find 'device Manager' couldn't find it anywhere.

Nothing is listed under usual names. So I poked around and eventually found Device Manager (have no idea how I found it). It showed the printer. I was shocked. I hit print and it printed. So, I made a shortcut to Device Manager.

What I don't understand is why it didn't show up when I opened 'This PC"? It showed C and the dvd drive. Nothing else.

I never got an add/remove hardware icon so had to just unplug the printer.

Maybe something is wrong with this computer? Shouldn't the printer bring up a 'new hardware message.' Maybe not with this new system.

Anyway, at least I know I can print.

Jane

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

Jane,

1. If you go to the White Windows Icon in the Taskbar (Lower Left Corner) and Right Click, you'll get a list, Device Manager will be in that List (Control Panel will also be in this list).
    2. You could also just Left Click on the White Windows Icon and click in a Blank Space then just start typing Device Manager and a List should pop up with Device manager towards the top of the list You can also get to Control Panel using this method)!
    3. Device Manager can also be found by going into Control Panel and the Device Manager Icon will be there in Alphabetic Order.
    4. The Printer Information will be Listed in Control Panel in the Devices and Printers Icon! It doesn't show up in the This PC Area any longer!
    5. In the Lower Right corner you'll find the information Center Icon. This Icon will be all White if there is information to view. The printer information may have been listed under the Information Icon. You only need to Click on the Icon to View the available Information. Below is a Picture showing the Information Icon (circled in red).

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Oh, I thought that had to do with updates! So much to remember. Why is there no 'my computer' where you can see what is plugged in? Why no add/remove?

I did order the 'Dummies' book from Amazon.

Thanks so much bugs!

jane

• bugspop1
    8 years ago

My Computer is now File Explorer and will show all Drives hooked up to your computer. It will also show Networks and Computers Hooked Up to the Network.

Not sure why or when they moved the Printers to Devices and Printers. Anyway, that's where it's at in Windows 10.

Add and Remove is now Programs and Features. Think it's been that way for a while, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 and Vista (I could be wrong on Vista).

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County