SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gibsonsteve1

First post. Need some ID help please!

Happy to finally be able to join the community. Over the past week I've been trying to lay the foundation for a small inexpensive Pinetum on my family property. We are in zone 7 of NC. My father has always wanted to do this project and it is turning into a real obsession

Here is a wide of the field and a mix of old a new plantings.

The two spruce? trees are old Christmas trees we planted almost twenty years ago.they both are sound 15-18 ft. I'm curious what they are exactly. Their individual photos are below the wide.

The weeping first tree:

I'm early in my tree knowledge, and I'm curious what this is? It has always had this 'sickly' look about it, is there anything I can do, or is it supposed to look this way?

The second... In bad need of some vines removed, and some trees removed from its interior.

In my quest for something outside of the cypress and arborvitae specimens my dad seems to be obsessed with, IE:

Cupressus arizonica

Went to the local landscape supply and they were giving these pines away for 15 bucks because they couldn't id them.

Contacted Monrovia, and have yet to hear anything.

I only bought one, but as soon as I got it in the ground I knew I wanted the other two. Is it a Japanese White Pine?

In the ground, and in the need of friends

Thank your advance for your knowledge and assistance. Can't wait to add more trees to this space with you all's advice. It's awesome to have a huge space in need of specimen plants, but I want to make sure i keep in mind future plantings.

--Steve

Comments (10)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner