SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misslollyx

Inspection #2 After Conditional Acceptance Following Inspection #1?!

misslollyx
8 years ago

We are under contract to sell our home, closing is scheduled in 12 days. The first inspection was done on Wednesday. We got the inspection report and conditional acceptance yesterday listing a few items, nothing we were unwilling to fix, but we had not responded to it yet until we get all our estimates and figure out contractor availability (e.g., maybe offer a credit if can't complete before closing due to contractor scheduling since they wanted everything done before close).

This morning I got an automatic notification from the showing service that a second inspection was scheduled for today. I haven't been able to get a hold of my realtor or the buyer's agent to figure out what's going on.

We had a storage unit delivered today and were planning on moving out this weekend, but now I'm nervous to do so if the deal is going to fall through (the house is really nicely staged - resulted in a ton of showings and multiple offers). But the closing date is so soon that I'm also nervous NOT to move out because we don't have time to move next weekend.

Any advice? Why would a second inspection be conducted after the first has already been done and a conditional acceptance is given to the seller listing the items the buyer wants fixed?

Comments (4)