SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shanamaiya

After the home inspection

ShanaMaiya
10 years ago

We had the buyer's home inspection last weekend. The buyer was not present which we were hoping she would be. We wanted to talk with her and make this a friendly transaction.

The home inspection report was sent to us today and there were about 9 things that the seller requested we repair.

Keep in mind we already had our fireplace chimney rebuilt for 11K after we had our OWN inspection and repaired everything that was pointed out (minimal) so we would have no surprises.

What really got me irked were the things on the buyer's inspection report seemed quite nit picky and some issues were downright lies.

The inspector said that the door to our bathroom didn't open. Obviously it does. We use it daily. When the inspectors left I noticed the bathroom door was locked and we didn't lock it. Another thing was they said they could not test the A/C. They DID test it and even told us they got a reading of 65 degrees from the registers. There were other little things like this. Another was they said they could not perform a termite inspection because our hall closet was too cluttered? We were there and would have been more than happy to clear out the closet. The seller also requested that we remove the "termite infested shed". The shed is all the way back in the corner of the yard. We considered taking it down for her, but we need to store our yard equipment in it prior to closing.

I responded to OUR lawyer and we agreed to fix some items, but not others as we seriously can not absorb any additional costs.

As I previously posted I am completely new at this home selling/buying thing. We are honest and fair people who always strive do the right thing. This is really upsetting to me.

Is the seller just being nit-picky and seeing what else she can get out of us or is she going to walk???

Comments (28)