SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
echobelly

I hate my new bathroom!

8 years ago

Well, more specifically, I hate the lighting. We did a total gut job on a very old (1940's), tiny (5'x7') master bath. Kept it simple, white subway tile, floor to ceiling, fixed glass shower enclosure, tumbled white marble floor tile, cherry wall hung vanity. Everything looked beautiful while the workers were using clamp lights, then the electrician came and wired the new lighting. UGH! The ceiling fan/light combo has a weird green glow to it and is very harsh. The light above the mirror is just as harsh, only with a cooler blue glow, and there is a motion sensor light under a shelf that runs along the wall over the faucet, that when used alone, is nothing short of halloween lighting. In the showroom none of this was noticeable, as it is brightly lit. It is all LED lighting. I don't blame the showroom, I blame the manufacturer. I can't believe a high end manufacturer would use such unflattering lighting in their units. We can't replace the mirror lighting, as the vanity, mirror, medicine chest are all one piece. My wife is using the guest bath on the other side of the house to put on make-up. The contractor wants me to put my complaints in an email which he'll forward to the manufacturer. Not sure what they can do, though. Any ideas?

Comments (20)