SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktcheval

SOS my Jade plant NEEDS help

ktcheval
8 years ago

Hi everyone! Thanks in advance for your advice.

I bought my Jade plant from Home Depot over a year ago. It was about three inches tall and I kept it on my desk at work, where it grew pretty nicely (the tallest stalk is about 7 inches high). In August I noticed that the soil seemed to dry out very quickly and a coworker told me I should hurry to repot it before it got too cold, so I put it in a slightly bigger pot with the MG potting mix that she gave me.

It seemed to be doing fine until this week--I had to bring it home from work because I'm being reassigned and my new location doesn't allow plants. I came home one evening to find it slumped over.

I don't know what to do!! I've never had this problem before. I've read through the forum and at first I thought it needed water. I watered it yesterday before I left the house and when I came back 6 hours later, it appeared to be almost all the way upright. But this is what it looked like this morning.

I'm desperate! I'm beginning to suspect that the potting mix I used is to dense and holds onto too much moisture for my Jade--but it is now November and much too late to switch the soil.

What can I do to save my plant???? Please help!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting