SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greentreestables

Internet problems....

Springroz
8 years ago

I am having ISP problems, and I guess I need to vent, since there is nothing any of you can do, lol!

We live in the country, so our options are limited, to put it mildly. We also do not have a large budget for recreational internet use.

We have previous experience with air cards, DSL, bluetoothing to the iPhone, and now, satellite. Our satellite provider is HughesNet.

I use Houzz, check a couple of blogs, and one other forum site regularly. All of it is S. L. O. W. As in, back in the dial-up days. I get the header. Wait. Sometimes 3-5 minutes. Most times, I don't get pictures at all. Often, I try to post, and it will not GO.

Yesterday DH and I both got fed up, but he sent an email before I could decide to pick up the phone....he had been running regular speed tests on his Laptop, so he had evidence that we were getting little to nothing.

we joked about the "VW effect".., that when you call, suddenly everything speeds up to where it should be, then goes back to slow.......uh huh...

As soon as he logged on, while on the phone with CS, we were getting lightening fast speeds. Over 10 TIMES what we were getting 10 minutes before!!

We are under this contract for 3 more months....but will anything else be any better?? Do they ALL pull this? We went through a similar rigamarole with att....they said that our slow speeds were "impossible", until the technician came out and confirmed it, Lol,

thanks for listening!

Comments (15)