SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlj48

I am sick to my stomach...

jlj48
8 years ago

We were suckered and scammed. We feel SO STUPID and mad at ourselves. Long story short is son found a car on carsforsale.com with link to EBAY. It seemed so legit. We puchased paypal cash cards and allowed son to send photos of them to "PAYPAL" to hold until we received car and were satisfied, then money would be released. We got clued in real quick when they wanted extra money for travel insurance. We called EBAY and learned we were scammed. My son is out all his savings and we let it happen. We purchased paypal cards with Discover credit card, so I thought I had some purchase protection. Wrong. We willingly bought cards. They worked just fine for the scam artist. Ebay won't help, PayPal won't help, Discover won't help. I'm just sick, sick, sick...

As I learn more about this (really wish I had looked more from the beginning) these scam artists take recently closed sales on Ebay and pull together emails and pages with the Ebay pages, logos, ect. He had the pictures, description, VIN# checked out, ect.

At this point we are EMBARASSED that we were scammed and don't want to tell anybody! I figured all of you don't REALLY know me, so I can unload on you. :(

Comments (58)