SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kangadr

Don't hate me...I'm starting over.

Kanga
8 years ago

Please don't hate me, but I'm starting over with my area rugs choice. First, thank you to all of you who have followed my previous posts and have offered awesome opinions and advice.

I have decided to go back to basics. First, my throw pillows are paisley. Common patterns that compliment paisley include geometric patterns and solids. Well, my beige sofa and teal chairs are solid, so I'd like the rug to have a geometric pattern. Perhaps scrolls or trellis as I feel it's soft and feminine like my chairs and better matched to my overall home decor?? Second, the teal chairs are more of a blue-teal...dark and rich. The complimentary color on the wheel chart is orange, split with red. I happen to love Orange...especially burnt or rust orange. I also have a slew of awesome rust/burnt/dark orange pillows from my master bedroom (which is grey and burnt orange). Finally, my painting is primarily gold and teal, but there are a few stokes of dark/rust orange around the whole piece. With all of that said, perhaps an "orange" and ivory/beige rug would be most fitting, complimenting, and eye-catching. I could add some of my "orange" pillows, add an orange throw, and call it good. So, again...am I totally off my rocker to suggest orange? Does my rug HAVE TO include teal as previously thought/suggested? What are your thoughts?

Here are some rug choices:

Comments (45)