SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lazypup

Don't you hate pompous arrogant supervisors?

lazypup
12 years ago

I happened to stop into a local Kmart one morning to grab a couple small items and as luck would have it, when I went to check out there was only one register open and there was a woman there with a whole cartload of stuff, but such is life in retail today, so I got in line to wait my turn.

While watching them checking out the ladies stuff I couldn't help but notice that the cashere was wearing a little badge that said "Trainee" and standing immediately behind her with her chin almost on the trainees shoulder was a woman with a badge that said "Supervisor". I could almost feel the tension in the atmosphere as the trainee tried to take it in stride and hide her nervousness. Finally she had it all run up and told the lady the bottom line.

The lady then pulled out a credit card and swiped it through the machine, but don't you know, it rejected. So she took out another credit card and tried again, with the same result. She then made some silly excuse and said, "I guess I'll have to use my debit card", which she swiped through the machine, but once again, it was denied so she pulled out her check book and began writing a check. The trainee then said,"I am sorry ma'm, but your debit card wouldn't clear so that indicates there is not enough in your account to cover the sale, so I won't be able to accept a check either."

Good call I thought, as the woman then stepped over to the ATM and ran an inquiry on her balance, all the while keeping the line tied up as I stood there. She then came back to the register and started sorting things, saying "I'll just take these items for now"

That meant they had to void the original transaction and start ringing her up all over again, but within two or three minutes they had it all done, her debit card worked this time and she was off with her purchases.

As the woman was walking away the supervisor said to the trainee in a rather loud and arrogant voice, "Your supposed to say Thank you for shopping our K-mart- have a nice day, and you job depends upon you saying that, now step out of the way and I will take this next customer and show you how it is to be done!".

I thought to myself, what a pompous arrogant ass, I couldn't work for that woman for 5 minutes.

Finally my selections moved down the belt and I quietly stepped forward. When she told me to final price I handed her a $20 bill without saying a word. She made my change and nearly dropped it as she hurriedly dumped it in my hand, then she rather roughly jammed my stuff in a bag and held it at arms reach, while she turned her back to me to face the trainee, all the while mumbling her little speach, "Thank you for shopping our Kmart, have a nice day".

That was too much, I just could not resist getting my little dig in here, so I said, "Excuse Me!" and she turned to see that she was holding the bag almost opposite of where I was standing. She then reached the bag over to me and finally I said, "By the way, what the hell gives you the right to tell me what kind of a day to have?"

Comments (29)