SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janemarie5

Don't like my new job... advice

janemarie5
14 years ago

Ok.. started my new job 4 weeks ago, it's just not meshing for me. My husband keeps saying it will get better, you always hated the beginning of any job. That may be true but this seems different for me. When I left my last employer, my boss asked me to stay and matched the offer/promotion. And to be honest I was upset she offered that after I was leaving.

So jump ahead to now, I have been there 4 weeks and I have nothing to do, I am used to a fast paced environment, this is very slow pace, phone seldom rings, no one has spent any time guiding me on what exactly they want me to do. I have told manager that I "have nothing to do" and waiting for some sort of direction. Long story short on this new job, it was a managerial position, when the last person left they restructured the office so I think they sort of left this position with little duties. It is no longer managerial but they still need a Human Resource contact. It is a small organization compared to where I was working.

I know this is long.. sorry.. I am looking for some advice, I am started to lean towards calling me old boss and asking if the offer still stands. I am afraid if I wait much longer the answer will be no. I hate going to work.. I have organized the office, when I showed up there wasn't so much as a pen in the office, NOTHING. Along with boxes piled up, I have gone through the office and it is organized and I am ready to do my job, yet nothing is coming my way..

Has anyone ever quit a job soon after they started? Did you go back to the old or just look for a new job? Should I give it more time?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals