SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccamomof123

Help, my colors are all off and I don't want to start over.

rebeccamomof123
7 years ago

I have a family room with charcoal grey carpet and light grey walls which I had originally planned to furnish with navy couches and cream accents. However, we've relocated our chocolate leather sectional to this room from our living room, since it's in good shape and saves us from refurnishing two rooms. I'd like to make it work somehow without having to repaint or re-carpet.

Any suggestions on colors or patterns to tie in the chocolate brown leather with grey walls and rug? I ran to Home Goods today and grabbed a few accent throws/pillows as options but i'm not sure it's working for me. Don't mind the mess and the make-shift coffee table that's actually an end table. The matching coffee table still needs to be dug out of the basement. Also, the Xmas tree prevents us from being able to properly center the couch, but that's obviously temporary. And the red striped chair (with laundry in need of folding on it!) will be gone.

I was thinking a Burberry-type pattern that incorporates grey, beige and black together could help tie it together so I found the tartan throw but i'm not sure it works. I'm at a loss. Suggestions for accents, patterns, colors that could miraculously tie these contracting/clashing colors together?

The whole sitting area

Tartan pattern throw with black, grey, red & cream

For perspective of the room:

Grey carpet with brown leather (!?$%)

Animal print?

Comments (55)