SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eerst5

Thinking of a Lacanche... opinions?

Elizabeth
8 years ago

We are in the process of planning a kitchen remodel, and I have finally decided that Lacanche is probably the way we will go for the range. We were thinking Aga for a bit, but the service complaints that are EVERYWHERE, leaving it on all the time, and unclear repair records of the newer models, along with the lack of open flame, has pushed me away. I love the look of Lacanche, and love the versatility we could have in our choices. But I am soliciting opinions of owners:

We are somewhat limited for space, and Volnay, Cluny, or Bussy are the models we are considering. I love the idea of a warming drawer, I use a slow cooker all the time, and would love to be able to do that. I don't have a lot of experience with convection ovens, so I am hoping people will chime in with their thoughts on the vertical oven on the Bussy. For the Cluny and Volnay (which are my first two preferences) I am not convinced I would use a 18,000 BTU burner that often. I am intrigued by the French plate, but again have never used one, I am sure there would be a learning curve.

What brands of hoods do people have with their Lacanche? There are some beautiful curved hoods, we may use a hidden hood behind arched woodwork. Not sure if this would be sufficient?

Lastly, if we went with the Cluny, it looks like, from other posts that I have been obsessively creeping on GardenWeb, the temp can go down to as low as 200 F - have people used this for slow cooking? Looking to solicit opinions here prior to my calling Lacanche. Thanks all!

Comments (3)